BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2013 12:59 am  #1

Vasily Livanov (Russian Sherlock Holmes)

Anybody seen any of these? I found a cool site where you can watch them all online:

http://video.kylekeeton.com/2007/03/sherlock-holmes-and-dr-watson-on.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 17, 2013 11:18 pm  #2

Re: Vasily Livanov (Russian Sherlock Holmes)

Oh, I am watching this one!! *-* It's a great adaptation; I just didnt see everything because I wanted to read some of the books before >< the srceenwriting is pretty loyal to the Canon.

speaking of it, what about the new russian series of SH? I don't know when it'll air...

Last edited by LizzieB (February 18, 2013 10:14 pm)

-------------------------------------
Tumblr

February 18, 2013 8:43 pm  #3

I  had the  pleasure of watching this entire russian series online  with english subtitles  long ago. Thank you  for posting this!!  it's got eng subtitles.      It was VERY  well written,  especially  the study  in Scarlet  one,  where they first met.  So  handsome,  those actors.  I  loved the episode where watson and holmes rode in their first horseless carriage.  that was such a treat.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (February 18, 2013 8:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 13, 2016 4:02 am  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Anybody seen any of these? I found a cool site where you can watch them all online:
http://video.kylekeeton.com/2007/03/sherlock-holmes-and-dr-watson-on.html

Unfortunately these have been removed, as have others I found on YouTube.
I tracked down the URL for the first episode from the comments on the video that swanpride linked to above, but I'm not sure if I should post it here in case it gets taken down! If anyone else is interested in watching it, drop me a PM.
I'm just starting to watch the first episode now, although I don't really have the time to watch it all today. Seeing Watson meeting Holmes for the first time (In ACD canon style) is giving me chills!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2016 4:39 am  #5

Ha, Watson just went to take a drink of water and there's an eyeball in the bottom of the glass 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2016 11:39 am  #6

ukaunz wrote:

Ha, Watson just went to take a drink of water and there's an eyeball in the bottom of the glass

That was a very funny scene.
But when I was originaly watching it, I was surprised how meticulous the filmmakers were with their research of Victorian criminilogy and criminalistic.
The fact is, in that time there really was a supersticion between criminals that the retina of the eye of the murderer person retains the face of the murderer (or the other object last seen) like a photograph... so Sherlock´s scientific research concerning that supersticion actually makes sense.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera