BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2012 11:35 am  #1

Sherlock Holmes Violin

In 2009 Steve Burnett an Edinburgh violin maker made this violin to mark the 150th anniversary of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birth. It was made from an old sycamore tree that used to stand in the garden of Liberton Bank House which was Conan Doyle's childhood home- now Dunedin School.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 25, 2012 4:11 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes Violin

My interest in violins developed after reading Holmes. Ah, a legendary Stradivarius...you can see some surviving examples in the Smithsonian in Washington DC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 25, 2012 11:12 pm  #3

Ah, the Stradivari.. there has been a lot of controversy around their presumed superiority - I still cried when I held my first Stradivarius though!

August 26, 2012 5:52 pm  #4

They are legendary instruments. I had a friend who had a Stradivarius cello. They can be divine instruments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 27, 2012 1:09 pm  #5

Yay, violins are awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera