BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2016 7:26 am  #1281

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

It worked with the baby name, if I remember correctly. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2016 7:26 am  #1282

Exactly.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2016 7:30 am  #1283

Well, beasley... what would you think if I would use that language in my posts here now and then?
Do you think I would survive here for long?

Amanda is a public person. If she can't controll her temper it's a shame. And embarrassing for all participants of the show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 12, 2016 7:34 am  #1284

Some little anecdotes from the read-through:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2016 7:46 am  #1285

Mycroft is listening in
And I think it's adorable that Rupert can cycle home from work.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 12, 2016 8:05 am  #1286

That's not the first time she feels sorry afterwards. Why not think first when you are a celebrity with a twitter account!  It was her own fault. It's time she gets back being Martins (better)half and fan of the show instead of being a part of the show.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 12, 2016 8:21 am  #1287

Ivy wrote:

That's not the first time she feels sorry afterwards. Why not think first when you are a celebrity with a twitter account!  It was her own fault. It's time she gets back being Martins (better)half and fan of the show instead of being a part of the show.

Oh God Yes. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2016 8:23 am  #1288

Ivy wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Exactly how I feel. And it's not that she doesn't have work on her own as actress.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2016 8:32 am  #1289

Ok, can't keep my two cents:
I think it's even worse as she was writing it. I mean, it's easy to blurt out things you regret afterwards when talking, but when you're writing you at least have some seconds time to think it over and delete it or correct it.
My own experiences. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 12, 2016 9:22 am  #1290

SusiGo wrote:

However, I wonder if someone talked to her. These tweets reflect in a bad way on the show and I am sure some of the team are not happy about it 

That was my first thought when I read her apology.

SusiGo wrote:

Yesterday I got very angry and kicked a cushion around the living-room. And I screamed. I felt better afterwards but I do not have to put that on Twitter. Unfiltered public posting is something children are warned of, so this should apply to adults as well. 

Who doesn't, that's only healthy (if it's just a cushion) other people have a punchbag in there apartment like a friend of mine. Everyone gets angry, but using that kind of words because of such a stupid reason (and it was her own fault) is really harsh and unprofessional. Especially writing them, the internet never forgets.

mrshouse wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Exactly how I feel. And it's not that she doesn't have work on her own as actress.

No of course not, she's a good actress and she plays Mary very well. But I liked her more when she wasn't in the show. Maybe she's not used to being in a show with such a hardcore fandom. And needs a longer time to learn how those things work.

----------

May 12, 2016 9:37 am  #1291

What do you guys think of the theory that it was a made up scenario to give her a reason to stop tweeting stuff about setlock, so that way we cannot deduce if Mary stays or leaves?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2016 9:38 am  #1292

Ivy wrote:

Maybe she's not used to being in a show with such a hardcore fandom. And needs a longer time to learn how those things work.

Maybe. But this is not really about fandom, this is about how to behave in public and how to handle social media. Come on, she is not 12 anymore. She is a grown woman. It can't be that difficult to think before you tweet.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 12, 2016 9:47 am  #1293

mrshouse wrote:

What do you guys think of the theory that it was a made up scenario to give her a reason to stop tweeting stuff about setlock, so that way we cannot deduce if Mary stays or leaves?

I think it's a possibility but on the other hand, why upsetting people when the next setlock picture with Mary would negate all the effort?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 12, 2016 9:53 am  #1294

Well, she could just stop. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 12, 2016 9:54 am  #1295

And especially: Why making up a scenario in such a way? You can fake things in a far less upsetting manner.

May 12, 2016 10:04 am  #1296

SolarSystem wrote:

And especially: Why making up a scenario in such a way? You can fake things in a far less upsetting manner.

Well, her apologies from this morning prove beyond any doubt that this was her own twitter screw-up and not the staged thing from the creators of the show.

May 12, 2016 10:08 am  #1297

SolarSystem wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Maybe she's not used to being in a show with such a hardcore fandom. And needs a longer time to learn how those things work.

Maybe. But this is not really about fandom, this is about how to behave in public and how to handle social media. Come on, she is not 12 anymore. She is a grown woman. It can't be that difficult to think before you tweet.

Mine was a sarcastic post. Of course there is no excuse.

mrshouse wrote:

Well with her twitter outburst history in mind, I'm almost sure no, I don't think so.

I hope she keeps her promise not to post anything from filming. It's not setlock anyway, that comes from the bystanders.

----------

May 12, 2016 11:02 am  #1298

Yes. For me setlock is mainly what we get from bystanders and all the clever people who instantly research and deduce things like the mourning pendant on Mycroft's watch chain and things like that.

And I really like Arwel's tweets. They are funny, give us food for thought, and are always done in a good-natured manner. Same goes for Claire, Loo, and of course Mark, the king of tongue-in-cheek. For Rachel Talalay and the other directors. As far as I know, there never has been any bad blood between them and fans. This is the way it should be done. With respect and without trying to ingratiate yourself with the fans. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2016 11:07 am  #1299

May 12, 2016 12:01 pm  #1300

I agree that AA over reacted in the extreme and her comments were way out of line.

I also find it ironic that she once told us that Martin is "not allowed" on social media because of his temper.

Now, bring on more SETLOCK!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera