BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2016 10:16 am  #1881

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

I'll be endeavouring to read the most Fics recc'd here during the summer holiday.
But I agree, we ARE blessed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 1, 2016 1:40 pm  #1882

Bless all the fics and all the authors.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 2, 2016 8:41 am  #1883

SusiGo wrote:

I think we are all human and it may happen that something is recommended more than once. It surely has happened to me as well. 94 pages (and counting) are quite a lot of stuff to keep in mind. 

I'm sorry if my words offended someone, apparently they did 

The fic in question has been referred to 8 times in the last month, and the last time only one day before it was recommended as a new one.
Perhaps a glance at the previous weeks' activities or a quick search for keywords might be a good idea for people who want to bring in a new fic.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 2, 2016 9:41 am  #1884

I think the Johnlock fanfic masterpost thread would be really helpful. Unfortunately is has not been updated for two years since Wholocked is not here anymore. So I would be really glad if anyone would like to take on this job. This way one could check much quicker if a fic has been recommended before. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 5, 2016 1:12 am  #1885

I think I've recommended a story from author Saki101 before but I can't help recommending another.
I just love her work.There's such an intelligent quality to it.  She always manages to create this beautiful, poetic, languid intimacy and imagery around their relationship that just leaves me breathless. Her style may not be for everyone but it sure works for me. A lovely little jewel of a post-Reichenbach story....

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5366879?view_adult=true

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 9, 2016 9:34 pm  #1886

I've been hearing incredible things about this fic by the same author as "The Ground Beneath Your Feet."

A River Without Banks by Chryse
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3204689/chapters/6969521

It comes highly recommended but when I started it I got 9 pages in and there was this one thing that stopped me in my tracks.  I'd like to discuss it with someone who's read it before I decide if I want to finish it.

Thanks!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 9, 2016 9:35 pm  #1887

What was it? Not sure if I remember but give it a try. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 9, 2016 10:03 pm  #1888

I read it. :-) Ask me anything you like about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 9, 2016 10:12 pm  #1889

YAY!  Will message you.  Don't want to spoil anyone.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 22, 2016 8:14 pm  #1890

Just a heads up - the Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange has started. The fics - Johnlock and non-Johnlock will be posted here: 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=260951#p260951

over the next weeks. Everyone is invited to read, enjoy, and comment. 

June 22, 2016 9:10 pm  #1891

Good idea to post the link here, Susi.

The first fic is Johnlock and really wonderful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 2016 10:13 pm  #1892

Yes, thanks again Susi 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 23, 2016 2:57 am  #1893

ukaunz wrote:

Yes, thanks again Susi

Who did that marvelous pencil or charcoal drawing of S/J ukanunz?  I love it.

June 23, 2016 3:01 am  #1894

Both the pencil drawings in my avatar and signature are mine, so thanks 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 23, 2016 3:13 am  #1895

ukaunz wrote:

Both the pencil drawings in my avatar and signature are mine, so thanks

Oh, you are so talented!  What lovely work!

June 23, 2016 3:48 am  #1896

That's very kind of you 

June 27, 2016 3:34 pm  #1897

I have just read an amazing Johnlock story that I wanted to share - and highly recommend:

A Diseased Fancy by J_Baillier

Author's summary: It has been two years since John's marriage had fallen apart and he had moved back to Baker Street. Things between him and Sherlock are still very much undefined, and John is certain that he'll have plenty of time to figure it all out. This notion proves dangerously false: strange things are set in motion when Sherlock's long-lost “acquaintance” from university appears on their doorstep and a baffling burglary case frustrates Sherlock to no end. What is behind Sherlock's black moods and dwindling health? Where is Mycroft? Why would someone steal artefacts from the British Museum that have interested nary a soul for decades?In the midst of this thickening fog stands John, who will soon have to take on an enemy much greater than even Moriarty.

This story turned out to have a much greater scope than I had ever imagined. It contains supernatural elements, greatly inspried by Lovecraft's universe. The story starts out as a romantic drama and ends as an epic horror story. It was much more than I expected, and I couldn't put it down. I read it on the lunch break at work, in the coffee break - I even stopped by the grocery store on the way home just to buy some pre-heated dinner I could eat in the car while reading some more. I just couldn't put it away!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 27, 2016 3:53 pm  #1898

I have it already on my reader. Now I am really excited. 

June 27, 2016 5:57 pm  #1899

I never heard about it before. Thanks for your post, it sounds intriguing.

June 27, 2016 6:10 pm  #1900

I've been subbing it since the first chapter, and the last chapter was posted a day or two ago. So I spent last night - and today - reading it. This is the third story from this author that I've read and really enjoyed, so I've started on another one of hers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera