BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2016 10:05 am  #1861

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Uhm, yes. - It has also a turkish bath scene 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 27, 2016 10:06 am  #1862

I am reading the last one now. Great series. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 28, 2016 9:17 am  #1863

Has anyone started  A Further Sea by i_ship_an_armada and ShinySherlock?
That huge and promising Age of Sail AU has today finally been finished after a looooong hiatus.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3587847/chapters/7912062

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 28, 2016 7:34 pm  #1864

Wordstrings has updated "All the best..." with a new chapter. It's like Christmas every time she does that. I absolutely adore her writing, it's pure joy to read. Wow, what a chapter!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2016 9:48 pm  #1865

It's absolute great. And somehow it does not feel like the story is over soon. There might be quite a few chapters ahead. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 29, 2016 5:39 am  #1866

There is no other fic which can grip me like this one can and it us the only WIP I am reading by chapter as soon as they are published.

@Harriet: I so not know the pirate fic but I will give it a go when I find the time.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 29, 2016 7:54 am  #1867

The Ground Beneath Your Feet - reading that one at the moment, with great pleasure. She's really great with "in character" dialogues, I'd say.

A Further Sea comes after Chryse's. But I must eat my earlier words - it seems I've gotten deeply into AU, too, by now 

Wordstrings: Still on the waiting list...

April 29, 2016 10:00 pm  #1868

Piece of advice: do not wait for "All the best" to be finished. You will be old and gray before that happens. I sometimes nearly gave up on her but she always delivers sooner or later. And the waiting is worth it. 

April 29, 2016 10:12 pm  #1869

Oh now I remember, I even cancelled waiting for that one once, thinking it was abandoned....

April 29, 2016 10:16 pm  #1870

I think the longest hiatus was about a year. I nearly lost faith as well. And then she came back with a vengeance. 

April 29, 2016 10:17 pm  #1871

A Further Sea's finished?
It's been ages since I read a new chapter of the fic - not because I didn't like it, far from it, but because I enjoy the story so very much, I want to savour every chapter I read and...well, spare time's been strikingly rare these past few months...

Another fic for which the same happened (and is still happening...) is Share The Stars With You by EventHorizon. I know this thread is a on Johnlock fic recs, and in this one Johnlock is not the main pairing - it's Mystrade - it is in the background. Although not dimly
I like that story to bits (shame on me for not continuing reading it) and I suspect that the Victorian setting has something to do with that.

I still haven't started All the Best...It's been on my waiting list for ages...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 29, 2016 10:20 pm  #1872

Yes, Lily - she got a co-writer, and together they got things done. Thanks for this rec, now I'm really looking forward to it 

April 29, 2016 10:25 pm  #1873

Welcome Harriet
Hope you'll be able to start it soon - I really think fic is exquisite. You'll tell me what you think of it!
So far, 23 chapters have been published - I stopped at chapter 16...why did I do that?! :'( - but I'm certain there still are quite a few chapters left to publish.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 30, 2016 10:53 pm  #1874

Here's a good one I just finished.   Heavy on the hurt/comfort, some angst.  Mary not a villain but has a small part and it's written well.   Most importantly, johnlock.  

The Ground Beneath Your Feet by Chryse
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5824753/chapters/13423681

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 1, 2016 7:59 am  #1875

tonnaree wrote:

Here's a good one I just finished.   Heavy on the hurt/comfort, some angst.  Mary not a villain but has a small part and it's written well.   Most importantly, johnlock.  

I've finished it just the other day. Loved the atmospheric setting and all the characters *nods*

I've also just read Safe Distance by merripestin and found the concept of John being avidly not gay but also together with Sherlock a really fascinating one. The dynamic, the reasoning, does Sherlock know - well, what do you think...
Can you rec a story with a similar setting?

Last edited by ewige (May 1, 2016 8:21 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 1, 2016 9:41 am  #1876

tonnaree wrote:

So you've also discovered it ... it can't be recommended here often enough 

May 1, 2016 9:44 am  #1877

I think we are all human and it may happen that something is recommended more than once. It surely has happened to me as well. 94 pages (and counting) are quite a lot of stuff to keep in mind. 

May 1, 2016 9:52 am  #1878

There are simple too many good fics to keep track. Aren't we blessed? :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 1, 2016 9:52 am  #1879

Indeed we are. 

May 1, 2016 10:08 am  #1880

Can I find the time to read all of them here, too? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera