BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2016 11:20 am  #601

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Looks more like a pet to me and not a tracking dog.
And John holds the baby in a really uncomfortable way, I mean, he can't go on like this for long. Combined with the new hair-do's that seems to indicate something (hopefully) not real.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 26, 2016 11:24 am  #602

ewige wrote:

A short vid with the baby and the dog:

https://twitter.com/cupidford/status/724905686077964289

I do hope it's somebody's nightmare or a joke (like the rooftop almost-kiss) or a red herring (like that Mycroft-Jim handshake).

Very interesting video. My theory is that the scene mimics the chase of criminals from "The Sign of The Four" with the hired sniffer-dog Toby leading chase. Just the circumstances of the chase changed: in this enlightened era the thought of a competent male detective is an abomination, so a competent professional female detective Mary Watson now leads the chase, replacing the original, but now a very boring, male lead. Sherlock Holmes dutifully serves as her inept and ridiculous assistant. And John Watson, whose role in a narrative is now redundant, tags along after them as a baby-sitter.

Not what I expected initially, but well, it´s Moftiss´s show and their vision, so let´s see where would it lead to.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 26, 2016 11:24 am  #603

This all seems very odd. That is an adult dog (or at least a youngster). Why did they suddenly get a dog? And if it's fast-forward until that dog was grown-up, then the baby would've been older too. It doesn't make sense. And why are Sherlock, John and Mary out walking their dog and baby? (Also, if the dog was tracking, you wouldn't hold it in a short leash like that so that it's nose can't touch the ground and actually do some tracking. Then again, movie/series makers are very limited in their knowledge about dogs in general, so I don't expect too much in that area).

And as you mention - that is not a way you can carry a baby throughout a walk/shopping round. Where is the baby stroller? I don't get any of this.

Last edited by Vhanja (April 26, 2016 11:27 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 11:26 am  #604

I'm really hoping they aren't serious.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 26, 2016 11:26 am  #605

Vhanja wrote:

This all seems very odd. That is an adult dog (or at least a youngster). Why did they suddenly get a dog? And if it's fast-forward until that dog was grown-up, then the baby would've been older too. It doesn't make sense. And why are Sherlock, John and Mary out walking their dog and baby? 

And as you mention - that is not a way you can carry a baby throughout a walk/shopping round. Where is the baby stroller? I don't get any of this.

Dog Toby in ASOF was hired, maybe this one is too?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 26, 2016 11:28 am  #606

Oh, he has a harness. That explains the carrying. 

Yeah, that is why my first thought was the tracking scene in ASoF, with a hired dog. Although they aren't really doing any proper tracking in that particular scene.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 11:30 am  #607

Double-post here, but... seeing a the baby seems to be several months old, and John has longer hair, this scene seems to be a bit in the future. I.e, not directly after HLV/TAB. Whether it's real or something from Sherlock's MP or John's head, we don't know. 

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 11:33 am  #608

I think the scene is real. They would not overuse MP in that way, IMHO. The whole show would seem like a big MP if they do that too often.

April 26, 2016 11:33 am  #609

Ok, the baby carrier makes more sense.

I too hope the are not serious. Do we know whether this is now "normal" Mary's and John's hair? Because if it's not, then the whole set-up might have been an alternative universe of sorts... like the theories after TRF.

-----

April 26, 2016 11:35 am  #610

We know nothing about the context for this scene, so it's difficult to speculate. I personally will believe in Moffat and what their plans for the show are. Only thing that can make me change my mind about that is watching S4 and being let down - something I doubt will happen.

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 11:39 am  #611

I do still want a Sherlock/Watson Baby interaction scene. But that's it.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 26, 2016 11:41 am  #612

Also, we do know that Sherlock would never be a fluffy show. That is, there are fluffy elements, but they never last long until drama and terrible things happen. So there might be a cute scene or two with the Watson family and Sherlock with Baby Watson. Only to have it all being swept away with something horrible to happen (preferrably to Mary). It's what they do.

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 11:42 am  #613

This is the first time setlock makes me more wired than the wait itself.

-----

April 26, 2016 11:55 am  #614

Martin Freeman´s hairdo again. Not very fitting for John, IMHO, he looks like a punk. 

April 26, 2016 11:56 am  #615

A detective and her two male tagalogs:

April 26, 2016 11:58 am  #616

Baby is obviously a doll, by the way:

April 26, 2016 11:59 am  #617

I agree, I don't like that hair-do for him either. (Love that he got my favorite jacket back on, though!)

But without context, we should be careful about speculating too much. We know nothing about what's going on, how or why.

Team Hudders!

April 26, 2016 12:02 pm  #618

Vhanja wrote:

Nono, I don't like John's hair. 

I thought I'm the only oneI also don't like this hair.I liked John's old hairstyle so much. I think the "new" hairstyle looks strange. So unreal. I can't describe it. I'm afraid that's general Martin's new look.

But I'm really looking forward to series 4

Last edited by Sunset (April 26, 2016 12:05 pm)

April 26, 2016 12:06 pm  #619

Sherlock´s cute profile:

April 26, 2016 12:09 pm  #620

Lovely!

I'm really curious to see where this is going!

Team Hudders!

Board footera