BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2016 3:34 pm  #2621

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

No, the scene is definitely Mind Palace. John is wearing different clothes than he did in Mrs Hudson 's kitchen although he just went upstairs.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 6, 2016 3:45 pm  #2622

Well spotted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 6, 2016 8:06 pm  #2623

Might be a good excuse for you to watch TSoT again, besley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2016 8:10 pm  #2624

Sadly, I've seen no Sherlock since the new year.
I was all set to watch TAB again while my hubby was a way this coming weekend...but apparently, he's not going now.
I've felt a bit odd since TAB: first of all I thought I would largely ignore it, as a one off.
But then, I felt it is the latest episode...so really, the one I kind of focus on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 7, 2016 11:41 am  #2625

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2016 7:47 pm  #2626

Our lovely boys.

March 8, 2016 12:42 am  #2627

besleybean wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure the multiple laptops are real, but I thought John being there was...dunno'.

Sorry but I can't let this go... there are still fans out there who are unaware of the amazing discovery of Mind Palace John in TSoT? Please read this meta. Okay, it's a Johnlock interpretation, but it does point out the clues that John is actually a construct in Sherlock's Mind Palace during these scenes. And most of us didn't even notice!  If you can look beyond the Johnlock perspective of the meta, it's fascinating. Moftiss are too clever.

Last edited by ukaunz (March 8, 2016 12:44 am)

March 8, 2016 6:40 am  #2628

Oh yes I can accept it's MP...
I'm obviously just not as attentive to details as some...
Or possibly I just concentrate on different details.
The important fact to me was Sherlock trying to make all the connections in the case.

March 8, 2016 7:55 am  #2629

ukaunz wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure the multiple laptops are real, but I thought John being there was...dunno'.

Sorry but I can't let this go... there are still fans out there who are unaware of the amazing discovery of Mind Palace John in TSoT? Please read this meta. Okay, it's a Johnlock interpretation, but it does point out the clues that John is actually a construct in Sherlock's Mind Palace during these scenes. And most of us didn't even notice!  If you can look beyond the Johnlock perspective of the meta, it's fascinating. Moftiss are too clever.

Thanks for the link, ukaunz. I read it a long time ago and it is really brilliant. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2016 8:32 am  #2630

Anyway, one has to admit that Sherlock has a very nice way of imagining John in his MP... he loves John in those plaid shirts and cardigans...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2016 8:37 am  #2631

Yes. And MP John in TAB is not that bad either. Sherlock knows how to do things in his head. 

March 8, 2016 8:46 am  #2632

Although the real John in that scene in HLV is the best. Sherlock should draw all his inspiration for MP John from that in the future.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2016 12:41 pm  #2633

Just as an aside, I would like to Christian Sherlock's choice of bottoms in this episode as The Dark Blue Jeans that Dreams are Made of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 27, 2016 4:14 am  #2634

I just love these two guys

March 27, 2016 10:20 am  #2635

Don't we all?!

March 27, 2016 12:30 pm  #2636

Beautiful! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 25, 2016 1:45 pm  #2637

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 25, 2016 1:46 pm  #2638

This is lovely. 

April 25, 2016 3:49 pm  #2639

It is.

April 25, 2016 4:41 pm  #2640

I miss those days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera