BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2012 12:35 pm  #1

Public statues of Sherlock Homes around the World

I have researched what I hope is the definitive list of public statues of the great fictional detective around the world.
1. Sherlock Holmes at Baker Street Station, London (Marylebone Road).

www.sherlock-holmes.org.uk/galleries/London_statue

2. Sherlock Holmes in Edinburgh, Scotland (Picardy Place). At the moment it seems as if this statute is in storage whilst a new tram line is being completed.

www.geograph.org.uk/photo/208602

3. Sherlock Holmes at Meiringen, Switzerland

4. Sherlock Holmes in ice on the Jungfraujoch, Switzerland. John Doubleday sculpted this in March 2012 and it is in the Ice Palace.

www.jungfrau.ch/nc/en/tourism/news-events/news/details/archive/2012/03/article/sherlock-holmes-im-eispalast-1036/

5. Sherlock Holmes in Moscow. Near to the British Embassy.

www.rt.com/news/prime-time/britain-moscow-holmes-watson/

6. Sherlock Holmes in Japan, Karuizawa Town.

www.holmesjapan.jp

This will take you to the main page which is in Japanese. At the top left corner click on English Version. This will bring up a whole list of things, including about the statue. Click on that for further details.

Last edited by Davina (August 17, 2012 1:05 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 18, 2012 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Public statues of Sherlock Homes around the World

I'd love to do a trip round the world visiting them all and having my photo taken with them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 18, 2012 9:28 pm  #3

I'm going to look for that Baker St. one on my next trip to London, which I hope will be next year.
Thanks!

August 22, 2012 2:19 pm  #4

Yay! The statue in Edinburgh has been reinstated in Paicardy Place it has been reported today by the BBC. Whilst in storage it has been conserved and spruced up. So...if you go to Edinburgh you will be able to see the statue.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera