BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2016 6:59 am  #1

Benedict to voice the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 14, 2016 7:03 am  #2

Re: Benedict to voice the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 14, 2016 7:45 am  #3

I don't know how I feel about this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2016 7:47 am  #4

I know, I'm the same... I'm not fond of the Grinch, but if Benedict does it, it will be perfect, and I will have to change my mind!

April 14, 2016 8:14 am  #5

I'd say he's got the perfect voice for it. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2016 8:46 am  #6

Yeah, I saw that this morning as well.
I'm certain he is aware that his voice...nevermind.
Yet another one, that's SO fricking good news!
And it's out when? 2017? Hardly a long wait, for us the Fandom That Waited now, is it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 14, 2016 1:10 pm  #7

I don't care for this happening.
My love for Ben is endless and he certainly has the talent for it but I'm not excited.
Huge Dr. Suess fan and I adore the Grinch.  The original cartoon is such an iconic classic I just don't think the story needs to be told again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2016 1:24 pm  #8

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 14, 2016 2:03 pm  #9

I think it could be great fun to hear him do that character, but I do agree that the animated one is a classic that does not need to be remade.  Oh, well.

Clueing for looks.

April 14, 2016 2:35 pm  #10

...and there are two tweets about this that came up on my Twitter feed this morning, one retweeted by Sherlockology and one retweeted by someone I would not have expected to see hate from replying to the link saying "will he stop ruining everything." Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Clueing for looks.

April 14, 2016 3:55 pm  #11

Ok, so you're telling me I have to watch another Xmas show...oh well, needs must.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2016 3:18 pm  #12

Sorry but I really cannot build up any enthusiasm for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2016 4:06 pm  #13

Sorry, but I really can't build up any enthusiasm for Christmas! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera