BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2016 10:00 pm  #481

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Can´t unsee the similarity:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 13, 2016 11:00 pm  #482

I did think something along those lines when I saw this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2016 12:05 am  #483

Can I just say that the Cumber collective must include some of the most patient members in the entire fandom universe....?

They've already tortured us with Sherlock, and now we have eleven months to wait for the release of Doctor Strange. 

April 14, 2016 12:44 am  #484

But then after Dr. Strange we'll only have a couple of months until Sherlock S4!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2016 3:22 am  #485

tea&ash wrote:

Can I just say that the Cumber collective must include some of the most patient members in the entire fandom universe....?

They've already tortured us with Sherlock, and now we have eleven months to wait for the release of Doctor Strange. 

"Eleven"?   It's only next November!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 14, 2016 5:33 am  #486

Thank you, I thought I'd lost the plot.
It's out in Autumn, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 14, 2016 6:05 am  #487

Yes, it is. In Germany it seems to be late October, UK and US early November.
And that's good, really good, because I'm dying to see this movie!!! This really could be ahellofaride! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2016 6:50 am  #488

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 14, 2016 7:02 am  #489

Why eleven? Little more than half a year. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 14, 2016 12:44 pm  #490

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 14, 2016 1:05 pm  #491

I just realized that DS opens the day hubby and I are leaving for our cruise.

BUGGER!   I'll have to wait a week. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2016 3:24 pm  #492

I'm sure the cruise will be worth it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2016 7:27 am  #493

Surely!   (never been on one!  sounds neat)
And this is just somewhat tied in to Strange, but gave me a laugh.  Completely forgot about the middle poster, but when saw our new one, it did vaguely remind me in back of mind about Star Trek!  Love it.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 15, 2016 8:10 am  #494

Well at least he looks nice front and back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 15, 2016 8:30 am  #495

Just a little warning - the old culprit is stealing edits of Dr. Strange:

http://mental-leaps.tumblr.com/post/142802395403/stealing-edits-is-evil

April 15, 2016 8:32 am  #496

May 6, 2016 8:19 am  #497

May 6, 2016 8:27 am  #498

Neither can I!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 6, 2016 9:59 am  #499

That would be tempting. Though I'm usually not that interested in most Marvel films.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 6, 2016 10:04 am  #500

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ben and Tom in the same movie. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera