BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2016 7:06 pm  #21

Re: London

There´s a site offering a bunch of artistic photographs which capture the many whimsical faces of London:

http://www.adore-london.uk/

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2016 7:09 pm  #22

It's a fabulous city.
I would like to live there, but only as a lady of leisure!
But for now I'm still able to enjoy my twice yearly visits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 8, 2016 7:26 pm  #23

Given how expensive London is, twice a year is not bad at all. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2016 7:27 pm  #24

This little site is probably abandoned, but still full of wonderful London beauty:

http://fuckyeahlondon.tumblr.com/archive

April 8, 2016 7:30 pm  #25

Well from Scotland I can stay with friends(for free) and although we always try and travel by first class train, we book the tickets early enough to get really good deals.
Plus these trips are normally my main holidays, we just have a special trip to make this Summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 8, 2016 7:38 pm  #26

Aww…  you guys are making me all wistful…. what great shots, it does always seem like an awesome place to visit!  This is just semi-related, but you reminded me of recently coming across this:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbdf/visitbritain/impossibly-beautiful-train-rides-youll-only-find?utm_term=.hpn4vwbgg#.dxBpzZRjj

Sounds so so nice too, as far as traversing Britain goes…  if only to live in an area where one could take a ride like that!  Perhaps some of you have, or might want to try one of those, if nearby.  Came across it thanks to thinking of London, actually… reading of all these other people visiting another country, and the logistics of making that happen (or being able to), and how it might work to use one of those discount group-travel things, and that was on one of the sites I browsed (just a thought for the future now… no idea which of those organizations is 'best', or recommendations).  On my bucket list, at any rate!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 8, 2016 7:41 pm  #27

I would go on all those train rides immediatelly - they all look so fabulous! 

April 8, 2016 7:45 pm  #28

I am very fortunate to live in such a beautiful country and to have lived all over it.
I am from North Yorkshire.

April 8, 2016 8:09 pm  #29

Various London´s rainbows:

Last edited by nakahara (April 8, 2016 8:10 pm)

April 8, 2016 8:14 pm  #30

I was in Trafalguar Square 48 hours ago!

April 8, 2016 8:24 pm  #31

Really? I´m envious... but one day, one day I would definitely go there too! 

April 13, 2016 10:27 am  #32

Butler´s Wharf near London´s Tower Bridge. Quite otherworldly place with lots of bizarre industrial charm:

http://londongramer.tumblr.com/post/142728414266/the-stunning-shadthames-butlerswharf-snapped

April 13, 2016 10:45 am  #33

The area there at the riverside is really interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 13, 2016 11:41 am  #34

Isn't that where we strolled around last time, gently...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 13, 2016 11:45 am  #35

Last time? That near to Tower Bridge? Don't remember that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 13, 2016 11:51 am  #36

Hm, I guess you're right. But we've been somewhere quite similar... I probably wasn't paying that much attention...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 13, 2016 4:05 pm  #37

Yes Solar, I have often done both sides of the river...
But I think the area right near Tower Bridge is new to me

April 14, 2016 8:01 am  #38

I'm really enjoying all these glimpses of London, so many areas that I somehow managed to miss despite spending two years there! Especially Butler's Wharf, I didn't know about that one at all

Hopefully I will return one day. Thanks everyone 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 14, 2016 3:40 pm  #39

I know the building, but the walks around it look fab.

April 15, 2016 3:31 pm  #40

Gentrification at work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera