BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2016 7:25 pm  #261

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Yeah, yeah it seems to be...where can he be? Client's? Crime scene? Mrs Hudson's sister?
In a kitchen? And why? What is he doing wherever he is?

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 11, 2016 7:26 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 11, 2016 7:36 pm  #262

It looks to me like it's either one of Mrs. Hudson's rooms or somewhere he has to be for a case.

Clueing for looks.

April 11, 2016 7:59 pm  #263

There's definitely not enough hair. The head looks so... small now
I do hope it'll grow till the end of the season!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 11, 2016 8:07 pm  #264

Ok, if we persist with one of the fandom's favourite topics...the hair.
Can I just say that Steven's haircut looks smart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 11, 2016 8:17 pm  #265

It's hard to tell from one shot of the back of Sherlock's head in shadow, but it looks fine to me.

Clueing for looks.

April 11, 2016 8:23 pm  #266

It doesn't stand out as much as the TAB curls did to me... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 11, 2016 8:29 pm  #267

Looks like Sherlock Holmes to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 12, 2016 6:08 am  #268

Well, there certainly can never be enough curls, if you ask me. But I'd say everything is fine as long as we don't get something like the TSoT-curls again...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 12, 2016 6:17 am  #269

What was wrong with those?
They looked fine to me.
I find it amazing people even notice things like hair, when watching Sherlock.
It's so complex.
It takes all my attention to focus on plot, characters, script, lighting, filming techniques, music, body language, canon references, the humour, cultural references, costume etc...and I have the advantage of being a native English speaker! Again, I can only repeat: I thought I watched these episodes a lot!

Last edited by besleybean (April 12, 2016 6:20 am)

April 12, 2016 6:28 am  #270

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, there certainly can never be enough curls, if you ask me. But I'd say everything is fine as long as we don't get something like the TSoT-curls again...

I know what you mean. They looked gnawed off or something..

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 12, 2016 6:52 am  #271

And far too much product. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2016 7:02 am  #272

When you watch Sherlock enough (and have a thing for curls) you can't help noticing such things... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 12, 2016 7:32 am  #273

Claire Pritchard, meanwhile, is chuffed:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 12, 2016 7:33 am  #274

Hmmm, what are you hiding, Rachel?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 12, 2016 7:34 am  #275

April 12, 2016 7:42 am  #276

besleybean wrote:

What was wrong with those?
They looked fine to me.
I find it amazing people even notice things like hair, when watching Sherlock.
It's so complex.
It takes all my attention to focus on plot, characters, script, lighting, filming techniques, music, body language, canon references, the humour, cultural references, costume etc...and I have the advantage of being a native English speaker! Again, I can only repeat: I thought I watched these episodes a lot!

I concur , but I guess it's also more a thing of being really into Benedict Cumberbatch for those who notice such details (which is completely fine by the way)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

April 12, 2016 9:03 am  #277

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 12, 2016 9:13 am  #278

Very good detecting!
To me it looks as if the curtains in front of Sherlock match the curtains of Mrs. Hudson´s kitchen. What do you think?

April 12, 2016 9:21 am  #279

Yeah, I do think the curtains match quite well. Not sure if Mrs. Hudson has those "lines" splitting the window frames (not sure what that is called in Englsh), but that could be a continuity error. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 12, 2016 9:29 am  #280

Sherlock is standing and Mrs. Hudson is sitting, so it´s maybe possible the "lines" are there and are just not visible in one picture?
Or maybe Mrs. Hudson has such curtains in another room also?

Board footera