BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2016 4:01 pm  #1

Hello from Germany

Hey there,
I'm glad I found this forum, so I decided to register. I am a medical student from Germany an I got sherlocked in 2014 when series three started over here. I loved this show at once, although in retrospective it was kind of stupid starting with s3 without having seen series 1+2. omg :D

The recent special got me hyped very much again. In the last weeks I have spent a lot of time reading theories and watching youtube videos about missed clues, Moriarty's death (?) and so on. Most of them blew my mind because al lot of things I hadn't even noticed before, but the majority of them seemed much too complicated to be true. ;)
I too have some points that I didn't read about in the internet yet. Think I will share them with you soon, if I don't find something about them in this forum. Btw. there doesn't seem to be a German fan forum for BBC Sherlock out there, so I ended up here, it looks promising and big enough.
I never read anything from Doyle though. Maybe I will in the future. There is an Anime out there "Detective Conan" I loved watching as a child and even more as an adult. There are obviously some "Sherlock Holmes things" going on there. Sherlock is the protagonist's hero and Conan is solving crimes like him. It can be fun to watch, does anybody here know of this show?

Looking forward to a great time with you all!

Last edited by Rache (April 8, 2016 4:17 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

April 8, 2016 4:23 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Germany

Hi, and a warm welcome, Rache!
I hope you'll have a great time here and, even if you find what you're thinking but haven't found on the net yet, don't hesitate to share, so we can have fun discussing it :D
About the anime you're talking about, I don't know about it, but no doubt other people on the forum will ;)

Make yourself at home!
Have a cup of tea *hands cuppa*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 8, 2016 4:28 pm  #3

Welcome, Rache! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Even if you have not been able to find a German Sherlock forum, you will notice that we have some Germans on our forum here (we have members from several different countries).

I have heard of Detective Conan, but I have never seen it, though I heard it's fun (but there are so many episodes!).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy partaking in the fun we get into around here.

Clueing for looks.

April 8, 2016 5:09 pm  #4

Welcome Rache, I love your nick! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 8, 2016 5:34 pm  #5

Welcome on board, Rache!
Believe me, this forum is better than any German forum could ever be.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 9, 2016 7:46 am  #6

Welcome from another German, Rache. Have fun discussing with us. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 9, 2016 8:43 am  #7

Nice! Thank you all, I already like it here.
Oh and I think my favourite episode is Scandal in Belgravia.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

April 9, 2016 8:49 am  #8

That is a good one, no doubt. Lara is hot. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 9, 2016 9:19 am  #9

We do have a thread for favourite episodes, by the way, I just can't find it right now...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 9, 2016 9:49 am  #10

Welcome, Rache, I hope you will have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 10, 2016 10:26 pm  #11

Willkommen!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera