BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2016 10:34 pm  #1

"Screaming Girl" Theory (no i think this must be the explaination)

I read many disscussions about the screaming girl, the whole kidnapping case seems to be very strange to me too and I was sure that there is a simple explaination for this.
I have to say, that I really dont like the doppelganger and "Mission impossible" Sherlock mask theories and I really really will be disappointed if this would be part of the solution.

But fortunatelly I found a explanation which does not include both of this theories :-)

Here we go:

First of all, it is not true that the kids didnt see Sherlock before (like the police woman said, i think her name is Sally ) he and Watson saved them with the other police men in the factory and the screaming girl was awake and if Sherlock or a kidnapper - look-alike was in this place right after the kidnapping she would notice it even sherlock is really a distinctive person in matter of his look or what is probably more important in this case: his voice. If she did not recognize him at his look because he was disguised, she would recognized him at his special voice.

The second thing: He was not alone in the police room and it is not clearly to which person she looks as she was screaming. It could be Watson just as well but our focus (as well as the focus of the police) is on Sherlock. But I like Watson, he is not bad and I never would suspect him to do bad things :-)
But can we sure of what the girl looks to? NO! The door behind Sherlock is open and you can see through the window. She actually could have seen anybody!

And because all good things come in threes there is a scene in this episode which approved my theory:
When Sherlock is on the roof top with Moriarty he said to him, which Friends are observed by his men. This men are mainly people who he corrupt and who are already involved in the live from the observed people like the craftsman at Mrs. Hudson or ...

... the police man showed shortly in front of Lestard

I suppose that the man looked (short) through the window into the room the girl was questioned. It was a matter of coordination that he appear on the right time (as sherlock walked into room).

I am pretty sure that this is the solution, no doppelganger, twins or masks :-) And it make absolutely sense.

Last edited by Danielle80 (April 7, 2016 4:24 pm)

April 10, 2016 10:48 am  #2

Re: "Screaming Girl" Theory (no i think this must be the explaination)

Now I suppose the kidnapper is not the spy in police department he only wore the special hat of sherlock as he looks into the room. The kidnapper wore this hat too and this was enough to get the girl screaming.

April 10, 2016 4:32 pm  #3

I think we had this theory somewhere here already ... but also, we have this thread here
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1753

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 10, 2016 5:27 pm  #4

oh, ok. Is it possible for me to delete this post? There are already so many posts in this section.

April 10, 2016 5:44 pm  #5

Do you want to delete the whole thread? I can do this for you if you wish so. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 10, 2016 7:12 pm  #6

Yes please. Thank you.

Board footera