BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 20, 2012 2:15 pm  #381

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

hepzibah wrote:

Hah, we will have to agree to disagree about cookies, biscuits and scones! Biscotti is an Italian biscuit/cookie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscotti
And while I agree about Benny being sweet, what you call candy, I call lollies.

Lollipops are for licking, so I'm with you about that similarity right there. Slurp.
*hesitates*  Hey, are we objectifying this lovely man? *thinks*  I guess we are!
Wheeeee!

August 20, 2012 2:36 pm  #382

We say scones as you do but also to rhyme with stones. It all depends...what on...I haven't a clue!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 20, 2012 2:47 pm  #383

Can't I just go to the supermarket without a Benedict/international sweets explosion happening over here?? I would like to eat them all. And I take the curly dark one as a dessert. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 20, 2012 3:38 pm  #384

The photo I posted this morning is from this stage production:

http://www.thecompanypresents.co.uk/productions/ttp/ttp_home

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 20, 2012 10:51 pm  #385

Davina wrote:

We say scones as you do but also to rhyme with stones. It all depends...what on...I haven't a clue!

We say scones that rhymes with stones too. In Australia, it's pronounced like scons? Hmmm.

Here in the US, we aren't so big on anything called scones, although you'll find them in places that serve tea in the afternoon, in tea shops and fancy hotels in the city. Scones (to us) are like our biscuits, except scones have fruit in them, raisins or cranberries or blueberries or cherries, I guess, and I think they're a bit sweeter than regular biscuits, more sugar in the mix. ??? Whatever you call them, they're good, I do know that for sure.

So. Are we off topic now? I do believe we are.  heh

August 21, 2012 12:39 am  #386

We'll be right back on topic, after a delicious Scone break.. oh, is that you, Mrs. Hudson?

August 21, 2012 12:44 am  #387

The Doctor wrote:

We'll be right back on topic, after a delicious Scone break.. oh, is that you, Mrs. Hudson?

Lemon and honey in my tea, please. Oh, is that clotted cream to have with the scones? Yes, please.

August 21, 2012 5:51 am  #388

Clotted cram and strawberry jam. In fact I had exactly that in a homemade scone on my canal barge weekend last week. Nom Nom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 21, 2012 9:21 am  #389

Returning from food and alcoholic beverages to the actual purpose of this thread  :

August 21, 2012 9:35 am  #390

SusiGo wrote:

Returning from food and alcoholic beverages to the actual purpose of this thread  :

Well, there are all kinds of things that fall under the category of "edible" after all.

August 21, 2012 9:38 am  #391

Now that's getting again a bit distracting. I'm trying to work, guys! But it gives me some delicious ideas 

August 21, 2012 3:17 pm  #392

Just back from an unsuccessful attempt at field research regarding the Attimo scent. Went to two perfume shops to get a sample but they didn't have it in stock. Sorry, ladies  . But here's something nice for you:

Last edited by SusiGo (August 21, 2012 3:36 pm)

August 21, 2012 5:52 pm  #393

You can get Attimo on-line.

August 21, 2012 6:08 pm  #394

Actually I didn't want to buy a whole bottle, just take a little sniff and tell you how it is. Maybe I can get a sample on Ebay  .

August 21, 2012 9:53 pm  #395

Funny picture, Susi. Looks as if he has to hold back a smile or he would loose those cheek paddings. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 21, 2012 10:21 pm  #396

Judging by what the wardrobe ladies are wearing he was probably really cold.

August 21, 2012 11:35 pm  #397

SusiGo wrote:

Just back from an unsuccessful attempt at field research regarding the Attimo scent. Went to two perfume shops to get a sample but they didn't have it in stock. Sorry, ladies  . [/img]

Though I don't actually believe that Ben wears this perfume, as it was just a supposition of one fan-girl, I had a chance of tasting its smell one day in a perfume shop . It smells really nice! The base is wood, and very nice wood I dare say .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 21, 2012 11:40 pm  #398

SusiGo wrote:

At seen this picture my first thought was like "This Rubic cube is not occasionally near his head. His brain is like this cube: complicated and sophisticated".

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 22, 2012 7:06 am  #399

Glowering skies and rugby pitches in the background. The Rubic's cube looks like a flying...was going to say saucer but clearly it is the wrong shape so...flying cube.

August 22, 2012 8:31 am  #400

Davina wrote:

Glowering skies and rugby pitches in the background. The Rubic's cube looks like a flying...was going to say saucer but clearly it is the wrong shape so...flying cube.

I can see Sherlock making a cube fly around if he were bored! enough, can't you?  heh

Board footera