BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2016 3:21 pm  #1

the clockwork and spies theory

First of all we have two big organizations:
The British government -> represented by Mycroft
The Moriarty organization -> represented by the man who called himself Moriarty (maybe it is not his real name)
I actually suppose that the man who was called Moriarty is like the Taxi-Driver: Ill with a dead wish and bored “staying alive”.  Both of them had nothing to lose.
I suppose in “a study of pink” it was not planned that John shoot the taxi driver down. That was not foreseeable for the organization and maybe just as the taxi driver reveal the name of them. So perhaps they had to give themselves a face -> the man who called Moriarty.

It is the method of the criminal organization to infiltrate spies to observe and influence people who disturb there criminal activities. It works like a clockwork, if you remove a gear the whole clock would be broken.

I suppose in Season 2 they wanted to “remove” Sherlock Holmes because he works together with Mycroft and Lestard on difficult cases and without him it is easier for the organization to perform their criminal activities. John Watson helps Sherlock Holmes as just as Miss Hudson. They are absolute loyal (I think they tested it a several times) and incorruptible and for this reason the organization need other people who are corrupt and willing to observe them. This people were shown at the end of season 2 (maybe not all of them): The police office in the police department next to Lestard and the craft worker form Misses Hudson. I’m not sure who observed John, I thought it was Mycroft but that make no sense. Maybe it is the man who wanted to get on in the taxi as John went to Sherlock.

In Season 3 we have new spies:
I suppose Marry was chosen from the organization to observe John. I’m not sure whether she is still his observer or she changed the side. The organization wanted to make sure that Sherlock is really dead and I think this is the reason why Sherlock did not involve Watson because he expected that.
One of the spies of Miss Hudson was the vegetable dealer.
One of the spies of Lestard is Sally. I think that because she was the only one who could warn the “Clown-Family”. I suppose he is the new gear which the organization want to remove with the same method we saw in season two. Lestard should be become a hero in the media/newspaper because he get the Clown Family after several tries and then they want to destroy him like it happened with Sherlock. But Sherlock calls him because the wedding speech and so the plan did not work and another police officer took credits for his work (like Sally said to him)

Because Molly now counts she gets a spy too. I suppose it was the Sherlock look-alike man. But at the wedding from John and Mary I had the feeling that they have a relationship crisis. Maybe it was the plan of the organization that he has to be like Sherlock thereby Molly likes him. But it didn’t works.
I think particular in the case of Lestard and Watson it is more difficult for Sherlock to unmask the spies without endanger their friendship or risk their lives. Perhaps one reason is he understood how important this people are and he needs their trust and loyalty.

Last edited by Danielle80 (April 10, 2016 10:44 am)

Board footera