BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2016 9:57 pm  #1

The out of character clue

I read about the out of character thing sherlock does in TRF

“I’ve been online and looked at all the theories and there’s one clue that everyone’s missed. It’s something that Sherlock did that was very out of character, but which nobody has picked up on.”    -Steven Moffat

Is that already solved?

I think, its Sherlock who is been in the spotlight by choice (at the beginning of TRF). He used to avoid this Situation in earlier episodes. But I do not understand, why this should be important in this case. Maybe because he is surrounded by paprazzies and so it is more difficult to kill him (K. R. waylaid him at the toilet ...) :-))

One little crazy thing I noticed on the roof top with Moriarty:
After the "Im not on the side of angels" speech Moriarty blinked with his eyes like Watson (morse code: SOS) at the pool. Moriarty blinked three times short and two times long which means "S M". This could  stand for "Sun Magazine". I know thats a little bit far fetched, but the long blinks are very eye catching :-) 

This episode really brings me down, there are so many things I did not understand. Probably there is a simple solution for all this.

April 6, 2016 12:36 am  #2

Re: The out of character clue

Or "Sebastian Moran"?

April 6, 2016 6:23 am  #3

I think you may well be right about the clue being Sherlock seeking the spotlight.  I think the reason it's important is that it shows Sherlock is planning something from the beginning.   His fame draws Moriarty out, and his reputation provides something that Moriarty can destroy. 

April 7, 2016 2:08 pm  #4

@kgreen20: Or "Sherlock" and "Moriarty" because of the "I am you" "Yes you are me" thing. "Sherlock" "Mycroft" is also possible. Both makes more sense as "Sun Magazine" :-)

@Liberty: Yes, I also think Sherlock or Mycroft was planning something from the beginning. Mycroft said to Watson that Moriarty is the most dangerous criminal he knows and that he observing him for a longer time.

Board footera