BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2016 8:11 pm  #6021

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 3, 2016 10:08 pm  #6022

TJLC Explained: [Episode 11] The Elephant in the Room

"It's time to address something very important. I discuss elephant imagery in Sherlock, how it contributes to TJLC, and how the use of the elephant in the promotion of the show means something big is coming very soon. I hope you all enjoy this video!"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 3, 2016 10:19 pm  #6023

... and of course the elephant in the room nobody so far dares to acknowledge, is their never ending deep friendship that has never been acknowledged before 

Last edited by Harriet (April 4, 2016 8:32 am)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 4, 2016 11:10 am  #6024

Harriet wrote:

... and of course the elephant in the room nobody so far dares to acknowledge, is their never ending deep friendship that has never been acknowledged before

Of course.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 4, 2016 11:32 am  #6025

Lovely video. I wish more people who still need to be convinced went to watch it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 4, 2016 12:03 pm  #6026

SusiGo wrote:

Lovely video. I wish more people who still need to be convinced went to watch it. 

Then perhaps it should be posted in the Johnlock thread as I reckon few of those who aren't Johnlockers read this thread (and also, the video can't be discussed here as it can in the other thread).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 4, 2016 3:48 pm  #6027

At 221b Con someone took the elephant down!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 4, 2016 4:26 pm  #6028

nakahara wrote:

I would really like to see the original version "too jealous" for being kept in the show... maybe we´ll get that as a bonus one day? 

Was there another version filmed where John is MORE jealous?  I haven't heard about that!

April 4, 2016 5:24 pm  #6029

Gwyndall wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I would really like to see the original version "too jealous" for being kept in the show... maybe we´ll get that as a bonus one day? 

Was there another version filmed where John is MORE jealous?  I haven't heard about that!

As I understood it, they had edited the scene in a way that made John seem jealous of Janine (ie, jealous that Sherlock had landed such a beautiful woman).

From the commentary, credit to Ariane DeVere:

MARK: He just can’t believe it! But he is actually pleased for him.
STEVEN: Remember the very first cut? It made him look as if he was jealous.
MARK: Which was not a good idea.
STEVEN: [We were] saying, ‘No, no, no, he’s thrilled, but a little bit “What?! Out of nowhere, you’ve got the really hot girl from the wedding!”’

Last edited by Vhanja (April 4, 2016 5:24 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 4, 2016 5:48 pm  #6030

Vhanja, in the other thread you argued against Johnlock in general. That's ok, but pls do it over there. Thanks 

April 4, 2016 6:47 pm  #6031

Harriet wrote:

Vhanja, in the other thread you argued against Johnlock in general. That's ok, but pls do it over there. Thanks

Vhanja was just answering my question... I haven't had a chance to watch any of the show with the audio commentary yet! 

April 5, 2016 7:15 am  #6032

No worries, Gwyndall, it is all fine. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2016 7:51 am  #6033

Harriet wrote:

Obviously...

I really like her videos, thanks for sharing them, Harriet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 5, 2016 8:07 am  #6034

tonnaree wrote:

That is awesome!

Inspired by Ben knocking down a huge teddy bear on the GNS ?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 5, 2016 8:18 am  #6035

Sherlock's reaction to John giving out his middle name.
Or a slight case of the Eyebrow.

April 5, 2016 9:26 am  #6036

tonnaree wrote:

The lady really had a good time, it seems.

April 5, 2016 11:13 am  #6037

I think in the video there are even some elephants missing. If I remember correctly, one of the wedding guests had them on his tie, too. 

April 5, 2016 11:30 am  #6038

Notice the above ladies Red Pants.  They were on sale in the dealer's room. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 5, 2016 11:32 am  #6039

Did you buy a pair, tonnaree?

April 5, 2016 11:48 am  #6040

Lily, thanks - I don't have the time to watch them all (5 or 6 so far), but they are done in such a good and bright spirit, it's a pleasure to share them 

Board footera