BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2012 10:18 pm  #1

The Man Who Would Be King

This is my favorite movie of all time, and of course, a buddy film.  Just happened upon a video of Sean Connery at "The Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF) 2010".  Heard this quote and thought immediately of our heros:

Quoted as a directive from John Huston, director, to Sean Connery and Michael Caine.  "The characters of Danny and Peachy were really one man and as long as they were together, they could do anything.  And the moment that they started to drift apart they were like you and me...And that was the holding of this partnership."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC9ePumcniU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

August 20, 2012 8:26 pm  #2

Re: The Man Who Would Be King

Sean Connery has make some cracking films. The Hunt for Red October is one of my favourites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera