BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2016 9:57 pm  #21

Re: 221b Con 2016

He talked to us about this.  

Con was brilliant~!  The whole weekend went by so fast, but I knew it would.  Have to catch my breath bit and snuggle with the hubby but I will post lots more about it later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 3, 2016 10:01 pm  #22

Glad to hear you had a good time! Looking forward to the "debrief."

Clueing for looks.

April 4, 2016 4:02 pm  #23

First of all, David Nellist, our beloved Cupid Stamford, I can say enough about him,  
He was an absolute treasure.  Friendly and funny.  He was such a good sport about all of our craziness and so obviously enjoying himself.  

I was the first person up at his Q & A session.  I thanked him for coming and welcomed him to Atlanta.  I told him how happy we all were to see him in TAB. My question was if he was told about the MP twist when he was brought in and if he wasn't, what did he think of it all?

He said that he was not told before hand and was just as shocked as the rest of us.  Like the rest of us he thought it was a brilliant way to tie the special into the next season.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 4:16 pm  #24

He was such a sweetheart during the autograph sessions.  He would pose for people and hold any silly thing they ask him to.  I was wearing my "The B is Silent" Tee that day so we laughed and compared shirts.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 4:36 pm  #25

What great photos, Tonnaree!  David sounds absolutely lovely.  And what a great question to ask him!  It's really interesting that he wasn't told.  I suppose it made sense to tell as few people as possible, and as he wasn't needed for the modern day scenes he wouldn't need to know.   Does he really mean that he was shocked viewing it when it aired ... he hadn't seen any previews,or guessed before hand?   It's kind of sweet that he ended up viewing it as a fan like the rest of us!

April 4, 2016 4:40 pm  #26

It may have been a preview screening, but he didn't know about the twist until the whole thing was finished.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 4:40 pm  #27

That's cool to hear that they let him be surprised, too.  Also, why do you have Ian McKellan on your collar? Is that your badge to get into the con?

Clueing for looks.

April 4, 2016 4:49 pm  #28

Yitzock wrote:

That's cool to hear that they let him be surprised, too.  Also, why do you have Ian McKellan on your collar? Is that your badge to get into the con?

Yes, that was the badge design for this year.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 5:09 pm  #29

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 5:17 pm  #30

My favorite Mycroft found his Goldfish Greg.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 5:26 pm  #31

Nellist also told us that they filmed a scene for the pilot of Stamford at home with his wife and dog, but it didn't make it into the final hour.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 5:30 pm  #32

"David Nellist is a superlative human. He’s just said in the Q&A that when he’s been in a long-running play and is trying to keep it fresh, he chooses someone in the audience - often a child - and will focus on that one person and their experience.He also mentioned that, unlike a lot of other actors, he loves going to plays as well as being in them, and sees several a week. I can’t help but think that this is related to his evident deep appreciation for what’s going on at the con - that loving a thing someone else has made, and making a thing of your own, can (and maybe should) be related. tiltedsyllogismFollow   Borrowed from  [url]http://tiltedsyllogism F[/url]

Last edited by tonnaree (April 4, 2016 5:31 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 6:09 pm  #33

Oh my, that goldfish pic is hilarious and sweet at the same time!
And everything else sounds quite wonderful, too. You can tell from the smile on David's face that he enjoyed it all very much. I'm sure you had a fantastic weekend, tonnaree!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 4, 2016 6:30 pm  #34

Me and my friend Sketch.  I've posted pics of him before, he's my favorite Sherlock who's not Benedict.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2016 9:10 pm  #35

Lovely David pix!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 5, 2016 8:20 am  #36

It was a perfect con! Thanks for sharing the photos and impressions, tonnaree!

And some response from David:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 5, 2016 9:34 am  #37

Great impressions from the Con. And David Nellist... Brilliant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 5, 2016 11:42 am  #38

It was very satisfying to see that David was honestly enjoying himself.  He would sit at the hotel bar and have a drink, pop into panels where he was not actually required to be, he was so down to earth.

Last night I had to watch ASiP again just so I could giggle at Stamford's scenes and *squee*

Last edited by tonnaree (April 5, 2016 11:43 am)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 6, 2016 7:39 am  #39

He is so sweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 6, 2016 10:47 am  #40

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera