BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2016 9:17 pm  #1

Andrew Scott in Alice Through The Looking Glass

As the release of this movie (May 26, 2016) gets closer and closer, I thought I'd open (yet) another thread, because I don't like those mixed threads, where one should discuss 'the work' of one person. I hope it's fine to the rest of you, too.

Andrew's part in it is called Addison Bennett and he has appeared in two trailers so far. In the first, we only hear his voice in the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKE0Py64jmk, and in the second, he finally can be seen in person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3VaWUFccA

I enjoyed the first movie quite a lot, although I got very distracted by all the GCI going on, so I was very happy to hear that the second one would feature a lot less of it, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It's got so many actors I love in it. Andrew of course. Helena Bonham-Carter, Johnny Depp, it's the last time Alan Rickman's voice will be heard in a new movie (), Sacha Baron Cohen etc.
Beside that, I just have to say I quite love how Andrew picks his projects. There's an amazing mix between TV, radio, theatre, movies, and within that very different genres as well. It's really a dream career for an actor and I'm beyond happy for him!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

March 29, 2016 9:52 pm  #2

Re: Andrew Scott in Alice Through The Looking Glass

I knew nothing of this, I really want to see it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 29, 2016 11:03 pm  #3

You didn't? Well, welcome in the excitment-party over this film!
I check Andrews IMDb-page quite often, and when this movie came up in it, I first thought it was a mistake because I didn't read anything about him being in it anywhere, but then more and more evidence was brought up that he actually is, and now I'm very happy.
Of course, as most of the movie will be taking place in Wonderland, we might not be seeing much of Andrew, but it's nice that he's in it anyway.

Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

March 30, 2016 6:53 am  #4

I'm joining the party as well!

It will be a nice way to celebrate the results of my exams, whatever they may be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 30, 2016 8:41 am  #5

Yeah, welcome in, let's have the party started!

Oh, and it really is a lovely way to celebrate those, Lilythiell, but of course I'm sincerely hoping for you that the results are good!

Here's a picture from the trailer:

Last edited by James Norrington (March 30, 2016 8:43 am)

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

March 30, 2016 10:05 am  #6

Yum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2016 5:02 pm  #7

Indeed.   Ooo….  that all looks so cool!  I enjoyed the first one well enough…   and Andrew!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 30, 2016 5:58 pm  #8

oh, thanks for starting that thread. God how hot he looks...again.

Last edited by Ivy (March 31, 2016 10:34 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 30, 2016 10:38 pm  #9

Oh, more people, yay! :D

And my pleasure! It's always good to find people here who get as excited about news about Andrew as me. Because that's not what people usually do. ;)

I've made another screencap from the trailer and I nearly can't get over how sweet he looks in it!

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

March 31, 2016 6:52 am  #10

Bless his cotton socks.

May 12, 2016 5:13 pm  #11

some gifs

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 12, 2016 5:15 pm  #12

I love this man.

May 17, 2016 9:32 pm  #13

I am soo excited. Can I join this party too?

I'm going to book tickets for this film as soon as the cineworld site will let me. 

Kirkiarty

May 18, 2016 5:28 am  #14

I suspect I'll need to find somebody prepared to go with me!

Board footera