BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2016 10:24 pm  #61

Re: Comparing scenes in different adaptations

Such tiny objects yet so iconic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2016 12:47 pm  #62

The ciphers (codes) from The Dancing Men and The Blind Banker

Last edited by BrettHolmes (March 6, 2016 12:49 pm)

March 27, 2016 12:40 pm  #63

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 27, 2016 2:30 pm  #64

The expression on Sherlock's face...........................*thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 27, 2016 2:55 pm  #65

So peaceful.

Clueing for looks.

March 27, 2016 3:22 pm  #66

Ah, Benedict...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2016 10:47 am  #67

Some nice gifs of Granada and TAB scenes
http://thepineapplering.tumblr.com/post/141947181971/markgatiss-the-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes

Last edited by ukaunz (March 30, 2016 10:48 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2016 1:24 pm  #68

"Blame it on the illustrator" scene was in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes already:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 1, 2016 1:43 pm  #69

This part of TPLOSH is interesting too:

It immediately brings to mind "Dust is eloquent" scene from TRF:

April 1, 2016 1:46 pm  #70

And this classic, of course:

April 1, 2016 4:02 pm  #71

Love that scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 1, 2016 7:26 pm  #72

Perfect.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 8, 2016 11:16 pm  #73

Wow! Was "the scene" from HLV inspired by the Matrix? Or is it just a coincidence? Some interesting parallels:

http://marybegone.tumblr.com/post/142480249511/bug-catcher-in-viridian-forest-the-last-vow-vs

April 11, 2016 2:40 pm  #74

Holmes (RDJ and Rathbone) using the violin to test the musical theory with the flies

April 12, 2016 7:51 am  #75

The original story called "The Final Problem":
"'You evidently don't know me,' said he.
"'On the contrary,' I answered, 'I think it is fairly evident that I do. Pray take a chair. I can spare you five minutes if you have anything to say.'"
'All that I have to say has already crossed your mind,' said he.
"
'Then possibly my answer has crossed yours,' I replied.

The version from TGG:

The version from TAB:

Last edited by nakahara (April 12, 2016 7:51 am)

April 15, 2016 8:23 am  #76

Comparison of John´s sassiness from various adaptations. BBC John rates the highest + a nice conclusion is made that a moustache definitely decreases sassiness of Johns in question:

http://bluebellofbakerstreet.tumblr.com/post/96760939585/consulting-smaug-bluebellofbakerstreet

April 15, 2016 8:32 am  #77

I love it, even though I really only know the first four Watsons

April 15, 2016 11:56 am  #78

No one tops Martin in the Sass game.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 2, 2016 10:15 am  #79

BBC John wears the same costume as Nigel Bruce´s John:

http://cupidford.tumblr.com/post/143700834642/a-nigel-brucian-bathrobe

May 10, 2016 12:07 pm  #80

Board footera