BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2012 4:25 pm  #361

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

hepzibah wrote:

Have to admit, I love a man that smells good. Most men seem to smell like whatever basic toiletries they use, nice to come across one who make the extra effort. My first love used a really nice aftershave, can't remember what it was called (well, it was thirty years ago  ) but whenever I catch a whiff of it, it takes me right back to him. Ah, my misspent youth. I don't care who reads all this guff, as long as they can't track us down and lock us up. 

Good lord, compared to a lot of the fan stuff that goes up on the internet, this has to be baby pablum! We're just a bunch of innocents here, right? Right? C'mon, right? 'Course we could be turned from our innocent ways, to the dark side, if we were just given the opportunity. God knows, we have the motive...

Yeah, I still remember my BF's Brut cologne from 150 years ago, so long ago that dinosaurs followed us home from school every day. I cannot smell that now without thinking of him-- alas, he died of AIDS back in 1985, something I didn't find out until about 10 years ago. He was the one who looked exactly like Ben's character in Hawking-- the straight dark hair, the black glasses, tall and skinny. They could have been brothers, although Ben has light eyes and my BF had brown eyes. Cute.

I enjoy a good man!scent, lol, which you may have noticed.   heh

August 18, 2012 4:57 pm  #362

Time to get this thread back on track, I think. Have some Cumberbutt with bonus Clive Owen from the Verve Cliquot polo match

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 3:45 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 18, 2012 5:01 pm  #363

Ah, there we have Bracesbatch again, thanks a lot. You know, it's one of my weaknesses. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 18, 2012 8:49 pm  #364

hepzibah wrote:

Time to get this thread back on track, I think. Have some Cumberbutt with bonus Clive Owen from the Verve Cliquot polo match

He's a dead ringer for John Barrowman there, which is not a bad thing. Mmmm, suspenders...

August 18, 2012 9:23 pm  #365

Sadly, my bed won't come to me like Sherlock's bed will come to him when he's tired...
Good night, all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 18, 2012 9:37 pm  #366

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sadly, my bed won't come to me like Sherlock's bed will come to him when he's tired...
Good night, all!

Those two could make beautiful dark-haired babies together, for sure. Lovely pic.

In the Belgravia commentary, it was so obvious that Irene's actress is a fangirl like us, it was cute. She's a fan! And she got paaaaaaiiiiiiidddddd for wearing the Sherlock coat and getting up close and personal with him.... some gals have all the luck, eh?

August 20, 2012 6:08 am  #367

Sorry, but I found a new braces/suspenders photo and couldn't resist  :

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 20, 2012 6:26 am  #368

It's a tie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 20, 2012 8:15 am  #369

Davina wrote:

It's a tie!

You see, but you don't observe. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 20, 2012 8:51 am  #370

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, but I found a new braces/suspenders photo and couldn't resist 

Did he have this clothing on for a period piece he was doing? Just curious.

August 20, 2012 9:23 am  #371

I don't know about the origin of the photo but to me it looks as if it's from a stage play, maybe "After the dance".

August 20, 2012 12:12 pm  #372

It looks like one of the plays he has been in. Very nicely lit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 20, 2012 1:08 pm  #373

Look at the eyes. And the hair. And the lips. Did I mention the eyes? Swoons

I have had to replace the original picture as it has disappeared. In fact, I have no idea what was originally here, so this will have to do. Any complaints? No. I didn't think so.

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 3:54 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 20, 2012 1:09 pm  #374

Shall I help you up from the floor? 

August 20, 2012 1:12 pm  #375

No, no quite happy here. hm, is that a biscuit under the couch?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 20, 2012 1:13 pm  #376

August 20, 2012 1:27 pm  #377

hepzibah wrote:

No, no quite happy here. hm, is that a biscuit under the couch?

*giggling, lying on the floor with hep*  I do believe that's a cookie. Chocolate chip, unless my eyes deceive me. The biscuits are in the kitchen, waiting for some strawberries and whipped cream later. Oh, wait.... what country are we in anyway? I've been swooning altogether too much. Getting my biscuits and cookies mixed up.

Ahem. Never mind that.  I prefer the dark hair, by about 1000%. But other than that, this picture you posted is darned close to perfection. Just sayin'.

August 20, 2012 1:44 pm  #378

Food, Aussie style

Biscuits or bikkies

Scones (pronounced skon)

Pumpkin scones

but the most delicious of all

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 4:02 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 20, 2012 2:06 pm  #379

hepzibah wrote:

Food, Aussie style

Your biscuits are cookies (except that long, flat skinny thing on the plate-- we call that biscotti, which is probably a take on the Brit biscuit word, now that I think of it.)
Your scones are biscuits.
Your Benedict is candy, sweet as they come. Thx for the dark hair. I feel another swoon coming on.

August 20, 2012 2:12 pm  #380

Hah, we will have to agree to disagree about cookies, biscuits and scones! Biscotti is an Italian biscuit/cookie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscotti

And while I agree about Benny being sweet, what you call candy , I call lollies.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

Board footera