BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2015 3:31 am  #21

Re: A question about Mycroft

I quite agree with you regarding Mycroft's feelings for his brother.

A fanfiction author has written and posted a couple of 5-chapter stories which dramatize, in part, a position on John and Mycroft's rel;ationship that I have found most interesting.  (You'll have to read the stories to find the sequences concerning Mycroft.)  Her username is Richefic, and the stories are "Partners in Crime" and "Hope for Heroes," both of which are set in Season 1.  Here are the URLS:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6350584/1/Partners-in-Crime
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6293150/1/Hope-for-Heroes

I'd like to think that their relationship, such as it was, could have developed that way!

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 26, 2015 3:37 am)

August 29, 2015 3:49 pm  #22

Mycroft would always choose Sherlock over Queen and country imho, no matter what. He just appears to have been remarkably sloppy in his care somewhere between S2 and S3. And he can't seem to right it after.

August 30, 2015 10:46 am  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Interesting point I have not thought about. But I assume that Mycroft would only care for John as Sherlock's friend. He does not seem to care for other people in general, Sherlock is an exception. 

Exactly my point of view!
Mycroft wouldn't even have noticed John if he hadn't become Sherlock's flatmate and friend. I think he appreciates him as Sherlock's friend and becuase of the opportunity to turn Sherlock into a "better" man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 30, 2015 3:11 pm  #24

Exactly. The making or the breaking of Sherlock Holmes. After S3 I wonder what Mycroft is thinking now.

March 25, 2016 4:43 am  #25

We can't forget that scene at the end of His Last Vow when Mycroft flipped out over the agents pointing their guns at Sherlock, and the image of him always seeing Sherlock as a child... I think that's the state of their relationship right there. Mycroft is willing to fight the government over his brother's safety.

So, yeah, more than likely - no matter what he says - he is genuinely concerned for his brother, and, I think, do anything for him.

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

March 25, 2016 11:09 pm  #26

I think it was the homicide division during Seasons 1 and 2.  I don't know about Season 3.

March 25, 2016 11:55 pm  #27

kgreen20 wrote:

I think it was the homicide division during Seasons 1 and 2.  I don't know about Season 3.

Ha! I see what you did there

That's probably it, but personally I like to think his division is Molly Hooper...

~proud member of OSAJ~

March 26, 2016 8:54 am  #28

I wish it was Molly Cooper...they would be a lovely couple.
But I don't think the team will ever do this, as I think they'll want to keep Molly pining for Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 26, 2016 4:37 pm  #29

I think it would be a nice ending for her to finally get over Sherlock and find a nice guy who wants to be with her, though.

~proud member of OSAJ~

Board footera