BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2016 12:33 am  #3821

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Lilythiell wrote:

I'll just call it hardcore dedication to deducting ;)

Oh yes, that's it! :D It's a well known condition among Sherlock fans, I guess...

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

March 26, 2016 12:33 am  #3822

James Norrington wrote:

... you spend a huge amount of the day searching the internet and the episode regarding a strange white thing that seemed to just have appeared on a character's clothing from out of nowhere and you desperatately want to find out what it could be. But you can't see it on screen, although you watch the sequence forth and back over and over again and then you finally find some screencaps which you can lighten up and there you see that it's just a part of the tie that hasn't been visible before... :D :D :D 

LOL!! I feel like every Sherlockian has done something like that before

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

March 26, 2016 8:49 am  #3823

I think I was as bad for that the first couple of series, but other than trying to deduce Mary, not so bad since.

Last edited by besleybean (March 26, 2016 9:05 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 26, 2016 12:45 pm  #3824

Well, it wasn't in the third series, it was a part of TRF that suddenly caught my attention. I am having a cold and my brain doesn't work properly and focuses on strange things, and therefore I had to solve the case of the 'Unexpected Appearance of the back of Moriarty's tie' on the rooftop. :D

Btw. that's another one: You are having a cold and probably fever but should actually be cleaning your room and packing up because you're moving out next week but what do you do instead? Exactly, watch the entire second series of Sherlock.

Last edited by James Norrington (March 26, 2016 1:24 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

March 28, 2016 3:04 pm  #3825

You know it's bad when you flick through an advert for the beauty store, and you read 'Estee Lauder' in the Dungeon Lady's voice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 28, 2016 8:22 pm  #3826

Ha! That's funny. My brain does stuff like that too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 28, 2016 9:01 pm  #3827

Mine as well.
The most recent occurrence was when I asked for 'some silence right now [which] would be marvellous'.

Oopsie.
Or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 29, 2016 9:59 pm  #3828

When you watch Casablanca (yes, finally) with a colleague, and a character says that if the other takes another step he would not hesitate to kill him.

And later on in the film you refrain from crying because, well, the Tarmac scene *sobs*

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 30, 2016 7:24 am  #3829

When you feel the need to play "yellow car" every time you're on the road.
Now you say: Wrong show! That's not even TV!
But... without Sherlock no deeper interest in Benedict, no interests in his other work, no Cabin Pressure, no Ottery St Mary, no "yellow car".
So, you see, everything starts with Sherlock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 30, 2016 7:26 am  #3830

Exactly!

And like "yellow car", it never ends :D

March 30, 2016 5:01 pm  #3831

Exactly!   Confession - I still haven't even caught up with Cabin Pressure yet, aside from just a couple clips.  It's just thanks to Sherlock -> Benedict -> brushing up on his stuff (but mostly thanks to being informed by the fandom here and hearing about bits) that it became a 'thing'.  I see at least one yellow cars a week around this small town anyway, so it's a fun little tie-in game for just a smile.  Hey, it was either that, or still play my game of getting a smile every time I saw a yellow car (more so if it was a Beetle or proper sports car with black stripe on hood) and think 'Bumblebee!' (as in 'Transformers').   I even saw a bright yellow antique car the other day!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 30, 2016 5:58 pm  #3832

Lol in your own time, Russell
On the topic of cars -and, well, Sherlock - I was driving earlier on and passed a car which had ARW on its license plate. I naturally thought of Arwel

April 3, 2016 6:33 pm  #3833

When you're walking along pavement and you can see a black car driving slowly next to you and you just think "No Mycroft, not again".
I've got it twice.

April 3, 2016 7:50 pm  #3834

When driving along the motorway you must refuel your car, you see a sleek black car and wonder what Mycroft is doing there. In France.

And then you name your dog Moriarty.

April 5, 2016 11:43 am  #3835

When you walk your dog and think 'I have Moriarty on a leash'.
mwahahaha

April 6, 2016 8:11 am  #3836

... when you start rewatching the show because you signed up to a Sherlock Forum. And then start watching 2 epsiodes right after each other because you can`t stop.

Oh and not forgetting about going to bed very late eventhough you have to get up early the next morning :D

April 6, 2016 11:59 am  #3837

When your idea of a "weekend get away" is staying in a hotel with 700 crazy people who share your obsession.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 6, 2016 12:06 pm  #3838

...when Moriarty tries to make you fall :-P

April 6, 2016 12:20 pm  #3839

Lilythiell wrote:

...when Moriarty tries to make you fall :-P

LOL!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 6, 2016 12:54 pm  #3840

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera