BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2016 2:09 pm  #3801

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

That's so cool! Great sleuthing.

Clueing for looks.

March 23, 2016 9:07 am  #3802

...when you get a new group of students and one of them is called Tessa...and you obviously cannot help a small smile as you read her name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 23, 2016 3:48 pm  #3803

tonnaree wrote:

*sigh*  I miss London.   I've only been there once, but I still miss it.

Same here.  I've been there four or five times but often find myself "homesick" for London.  I sometimes say that London is my favorite character on the show! ;)

March 23, 2016 3:50 pm  #3804

LOL, nice thought! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 23, 2016 5:18 pm  #3805

Indeed it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2016 4:33 pm  #3806

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... ... You find yourself deducing muddy bootprints on the asphalt.
... Mail from the Janus Fund makes you smile.
... The Irish Setter at the dog park makes you giggle.
... You get irritable when life interferes with your Sherlock plans
... You consider planning your next trip to the UK around the Sherlock shooting schedule.
... You start using another social media platform just to get more news about Sherlock
... Saccharine songs on the radio make you think of Johnlock, and you imagine a whole music video with clips from the show.  ("Hello" by Adele, "Locked Away" by R City ft. Adam Levine, among others)
... You actually consider creating such a video.
... You find excuses to post to this forum to increase your post count so you'll no longer be "Wrong!" ;)

Last edited by Gwyndall (March 24, 2016 4:34 pm)

March 24, 2016 4:39 pm  #3807

I must confess when I hear certain songs, I try and think how they would fit in with Sherlock...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 25, 2016 9:22 am  #3808

Same. But there are songs for which you cannot not think of Sherlock aren't there?

I miss London as well. I'll proably go back in the summer. There still are places (Sherlock places, mind) I have not been to yet.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 25, 2016 9:28 am  #3809

Gwyndall wrote:

... You find excuses to post to this forum to increase your post count so you'll no longer be "Wrong!" ;)

Congrats, you are not anymore! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 25, 2016 11:26 am  #3810

Congratulations are in order, indeed!

Oh, just thought back, I sat papers for a week -and it's not over, oh no- three weeks ago, one of them was an essay on 'The disintegration in Falling Man'.
I disintegrated, but that's OOT.

No, the title is important. I just had to make a link between 'the falling man' and Moriarty's line of 'falling's just like flying except there's a more permanent destination'.

Last year I made a connection with the Golem...Sherlock is all around *cue Love Actually*

Apologies, these exams have messed with my head, I'm even stupider now.

March 25, 2016 12:02 pm  #3811

Sweetie, you're bright as ever, don't worry 

March 25, 2016 2:47 pm  #3812

Aw, thank you, dear

March 25, 2016 3:30 pm  #3813

Harriet wrote:

Gwyndall wrote:

Congrats, you are not anymore!

I KNOW!!  I'm very happy about that.

March 25, 2016 4:06 pm  #3814

Lilythiell wrote:

Congratulations are in order, indeed!
 I just had to make a link between 'the falling man' and Moriarty's line of 'falling's just like flying except there's a more permanent destination'.

Thank you!

Whenever I hear that line, I'm reminded of Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently learning to fly by throwing himself at the ground but getting distracted at the last second and forgetting to land.  In my web search to find that passage, I just came across this:
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bbc-america-douglas-adams-dirk-gentlys-holistic-detective-agency-1201674933/

Last edited by Gwyndall (March 25, 2016 4:07 pm)

March 25, 2016 4:34 pm  #3815

Whenever I fumble with my phone charger, I get all nervous and think, "Sherlock, I'm not really an alcoholic!  Really I'm not!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 25, 2016 4:35 pm  #3816

Lol I do that all the time xD
Glad to know I'm not alone xD

March 25, 2016 4:53 pm  #3817

KeepersPrice wrote:

Whenever I fumble with my phone charger, I get all nervous and think, "Sherlock, I'm not really an alcoholic! Really I'm not!"

LOL Yes!

March 25, 2016 11:16 pm  #3818

Gwyndall wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Whenever I fumble with my phone charger, I get all nervous and think, "Sherlock, I'm not really an alcoholic! Really I'm not!"

LOL Yes!

Me too, me too! 

March 25, 2016 11:58 pm  #3819

... you spend a huge amount of the day searching the internet and the episode regarding a strange white thing that seemed to just have appeared on a character's clothing from out of nowhere and you desperatately want to find out what it could be. But you can't see it on screen, although you watch the sequence forth and back over and over again and then you finally find some screencaps which you can lighten up and there you see that it's just a part of the tie that hasn't been visible before... :D :D :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

March 26, 2016 12:25 am  #3820

I'll just call it hardcore dedication to deducting ;)

Board footera