BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2016 9:10 pm  #5961

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 20, 2016 9:13 pm  #5962

Thanks 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 20, 2016 10:08 pm  #5963

purrfect

March 21, 2016 10:50 am  #5964

TJLC Explained: [Episode 9] Sometimes A Meat Dagger Is Exactly What You Think It Is

- not for minors 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 23, 2016 8:25 pm  #5965

My wife worries that I have a crush on Ben... I really have a small crush on Rebekah! 

March 23, 2016 8:55 pm  #5966

LOL   

March 23, 2016 9:56 pm  #5967

Gwyndall wrote:

My wife worries that I have a crush on Ben... I really have a small crush on Rebekah! 

All crushes are valid here.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 23, 2016 9:58 pm  #5968

Crushes are paramount. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 23, 2016 11:08 pm  #5969

SusiGo wrote:

This is interesting:

For those not watching Doctor Who: This is Madame Vastra, a female alien who is conceived as an express parallel to Sherlock Holmes. She appears as a female 19th century detective married to her female partner. 

I've been thinking about the parallels between Madame Vastra and Jenny/Sherlock and John lately (I just watched the DW episode in which they are introduced) so this tumblr post caught my eye:
http://themayflynans.tumblr.com/post/131027925680/steven-moffat-on-vastra-jennys-backstory

Both Sherlock and Vastra can be quite reptilian and alien. Vastra eats people, and Jenny makes sure she only eats those who deserve it. Sherlock is a bit not good sometimes, and likes to eviscerate people with his intelligence and wit, but John is always there to keep him right

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24, 2016 8:45 am  #5970

Nice analogies. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 25, 2016 9:24 am  #5971

Good Lord I missed so many things...! Catching up...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 25, 2016 9:28 am  #5972

ukaunz wrote:

They taste good too!

I didn't mean to hijack the thread with the cupcakes, sorry

And now for something more on topic. Well, it's crack, but never mind.

John: What's going on?
Sherlock: The stage is set. The curtain rises. My cheekbones are on point, my buttcheeks are clenched, we're ready to begin. We all have a past, actually now that i think about it, that is the quintessential dilemma of humanity. we all have ghosts, memories that haunt us. We have done things we can't let go, we have loved and lost, done weird buttstuff in dark alleys, lost our childhood pets; those are the shadows that define now every sunny day. Every great cause has martyrs, every war has suicide missions. And make no mistake, this is war, we're at war with ourselves and the authorities and the weird screaming woman over there. your moustache is at war with the illustrator, I'm at war with my love for you. Nobody made me. I made me. Oh Watson.
Inception siren: DOOT DOOT
John:
John:
John: Nevermind just... wear the fucking hat.
http://isignedupforbenedict.tumblr.com/post/138661768620/john-whats-going-on-sherlock-the-stage-is-set

I like that crack. Very much so.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 25, 2016 9:40 am  #5973

March 25, 2016 9:46 am  #5974

Excellent summary. Very fitting.
Isn't there a renaming of the episodes through Johnlock goggles?

March 25, 2016 10:10 am  #5975

ukaunz wrote:

This is a bit OT, but just something I thought people here might be interested in.

I just watched an episode of Doctor Who called "The Lodger", it was a bit like an episode of "Coupling" even though Moffat didn't write it. There was a romantic sitcom-type subplot. Two of the characters, Craig and Sophie, are close platonic friends. However both want to take it further, but both are too scared to come out and say it. Craig wanders around practising saying "I love you" but keeps missing the opportunity. Sophie is shown to be pining for him. Obviously neither wants to ruin the friendship they have (it's the old "just friends" trope).

There's even a "I'm not his date" scene:

CRAIG: No, Soph just stands on the sidelines, she's my mascot.
SOPHIE: I'm your mascot? Mascot?!
CRAIG: Well, not my mascot, it's a football match, I can't take a date.
SOPHIE: I didn't say I was your date.
CRAIG: Neither did I. (They stand in awkward silence.)

So it's all desperately unspoken, and then we see Craig's fridge with a photo of the two of them, and look what else is on the fridge.

There's an elephant in the room!

By the end of the episode Craig and Sophie have admitted their feelings and are together. We see them joyfully "spoiling their friendship" (snogging on the sofa). We also see another shot of the fridge with the photo – but this time, we don't see the elephant.

Interesting?

But the door to Sherlock's fridge's empty. And inside's empty as well - this is just transport, after all.
Personally I see this as follows
-Series 1, everything else is transport, testing of John (a head in the fridge...wait, could that be seen as brain's starting to slow down now that you're there?)
-Series 2, Rarely anything in, especially if a woman's coming over.
-Series 3, we're not shown much on his fridge, we know that John's chair gone -Sherlock couldn't see the kitchen, reminder that John's gone - when we see the kitchen it's a mess (once again, John's gone)
Never anything on it - doesn't want to expose himself.

@tonnaree, I agree, those elephants must go away and stop interfering with everything!

March 25, 2016 10:13 am  #5976

March 25, 2016 10:37 am  #5977

This is so cute...

March 25, 2016 10:40 am  #5978

March 25, 2016 10:44 am  #5979

nakahara wrote:

For the people who are still mislead into thinking that Johnlock is romance, we have a useful manual here explaining the difference between the romance and bromance:

http://madnina.tumblr.com/post/140146765706/the-reason-we-know-this

I love this post, but it breaks my heart.

March 25, 2016 10:50 am  #5980

nakahara wrote:

A difference between romance and bromance, part 2:

http://cinnkegan.tumblr.com/post/140292304383/this-is-what-a-tv-bromance-looks-like

bless this post.

Board footera