BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2016 11:19 am  #1

BBC shop is closing (therefore reductions on Sherlock merchandise)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 8, 2016 12:40 pm  #2

Re: BBC shop is closing (therefore reductions on Sherlock merchandise)

Oh, this is a bad thing surely?

But thank you for the heads up, I've been wanting to get the series 3 special edition DVD for ages, and now it's only costing me about AUD$26! Had to resist buying Sherlock and Doctor Who action figures though 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 8, 2016 1:13 pm  #3

Just quickly bought three things of Sherlock und Doctor Who which I didn't need but wanted to have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 8, 2016 1:17 pm  #4

Only three...? I'm disappointed in you...! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2016 1:39 pm  #5

You overdid it again?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 8, 2016 1:45 pm  #6

No comment. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2016 5:06 pm  #7

Wow...that is a  bit bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2016 9:49 am  #8

Seems the BBC are shooting themselves in the foot with this one, unless they intend to continue to market their stuff through other outlets. How bizarre!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2016 2:06 pm  #9

It does seem that they're simply not shifting stuff through their Shop.  I can't think of any other reason why a "limited edition" boxset of all three seasons of Sherlock was selling so badly that they never reached their 'limit' and had to reduce it from £125 (or whatever it originally was) to £25 on a special 'today only' offer (and yes, I took advantage of that ...).  And since then (and even before the shut-down announcement) they brought in other drastic price cuts, so clearly they were charging far too much and so nobody was buying anything.  If that's the case, then they've only got themselves to blame.

Probably they assumed that Sherlock fangirls would buy anything, and have now learned that we're not as stupid and gullible as they think.  What annoyed me was the way that they (and Sherlockology who, I suspect, are on retainer) tried to make each of their special offers sound like "Look how generous we're being to you!" rather than "Oh, please buy something!"

March 9, 2016 2:15 pm  #10

I'm quite sure it wasn't profitable enough. I brought the DVDs for series 3 on amazon.co.uk
And I'm not a merchandise type anyway. I would make my own shirts, there are so many possibilities online.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 9, 2016 2:30 pm  #11

BBC shop has a US and Canada store also, but based on the prices it doesn't appear to be closing, which was confusing me yesterday.  But based on your original post in this thread it is just the UK shop - which I don't think is open to Canadians anyway, and the DVDs wouldn't be my region anyway, probably.

Clueing for looks.

March 9, 2016 5:17 pm  #12

Strange...maybe they will just sell through other outlets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 10, 2016 10:06 pm  #13

Multi- region DVDs will work for you in Canada. Region 2 ones won't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 11, 2016 3:18 am  #14

Do they have any multi region or region free ones?

Clueing for looks.

March 23, 2016 5:52 pm  #15

Brilliant sale ​ I bagged SO many bargains before much of it sold out. Loved the bronze busts from the DVD set and at only £19.99 they were worth the price on their own. I'm hoping they drastically reduce the price of the art prints this week before they final close up shop next Tuesday

March 23, 2016 6:06 pm  #16

The busts are good, they sit on my sideboard!

March 23, 2016 6:35 pm  #17

The busts are awesome. I keep mine in here with my other stuff  

Last edited by Watson (March 23, 2016 6:36 pm)

March 24, 2016 8:26 am  #18

Wow, a shrine.
Wish I had some space for something like that.

(Tony Hadley)

March 24, 2016 4:36 pm  #19

That is fantastic!

Board footera