BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2015 3:23 pm  #1161

Re: Cabin pressure

As you might guess, I love Cabin Pressure to bits and I have been listening to it at least a hundred times. Let's add that Timbuktu is one of my favourite episodes.
Well and this happened. I went competing to the TV quiz show. The rules are a little complicated - the show is based on answers from 100 people and you have to try to say the least known answer so it means 0 is the best answer you can have and 100 the worst. The question was: say one of the neighbour states of Mali. So I said Burkina Faso because thanks to Cabin Pressure I remembered that Ouagadougou is its capital and I deduced that it can't be far away from Mali as it was the alternate. And then we had 0 which almost never happens and it was amazing!!! And I felt really really smart.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

March 27, 2015 4:41 pm  #1162

See, it is educational as well as very funny! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2015 1:34 pm  #1163

Me and my mum bought the first series of Cabin Pressure on auido CD. I'm laughing as we speak

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

February 27, 2016 2:12 am  #1164

The Best Show Benedict Cumberbatch Was Ever In, Is Also Britain’s Greatest Secret
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/26/the-best-show-benedict-cumberbatch-was-ever-in-is-also-britains-greatest-secret/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 27, 2016 8:33 am  #1165

Such nice testimony to lovely John Finnemore, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2016 8:39 pm  #1166

Benedict is for sail, apparently. And what a good bargain it is! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 9, 2016 8:41 pm  #1167

Honestly...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2016 8:46 pm  #1168

Ha ha!  Just think what you could spend the money you'd saved on!

March 9, 2016 10:05 pm  #1169

I recently starting re-listening to this during my drive back and forth to work.  It puts me in such a good mood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 9, 2016 11:35 pm  #1170

Wow, what a bargain!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2016 1:48 am  #1171

What a deep discount from the regular price

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2016 8:14 am  #1172

I keep returning to CP again and again. Only yesterday I listened to "Qiqiktarjuak" and could not stop laughing at "Attention, mesdames et messieurs, le bear polar!" 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2016 9:21 am  #1173

I can always laugh about that quote:

"Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your attention, please? This is the Airport speaking. Listen to the Airport. Flight 2020202 is now ready for boarding at Gate...Eight. It isn't late, it will not wait. If you want to be on that aeroplane...it's time to get on the aeroplane now. If you have young children...put them on the aeroplane. If you have any hand baggage...put it on the aeroplane. If you have any bombs...they're not allowed on the aeroplane. Please put them...in the bin. Okay, bye! Love..the Airport."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 10, 2016 10:18 am  #1174

This entire show is paramount. I need to listen to it again soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2016 11:25 am  #1175

gently69 wrote:

I can always laugh about that quote:

"Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your attention, please? This is the Airport speaking. Listen to the Airport. Flight 2020202 is now ready for boarding at Gate...Eight. It isn't late, it will not wait. If you want to be on that aeroplane...it's time to get on the aeroplane now. If you have young children...put them on the aeroplane. If you have any hand baggage...put it on the aeroplane. If you have any bombs...they're not allowed on the aeroplane. Please put them...in the bin. Okay, bye! Love..the Airport."

I will never ever forget how we listened to that episode twice while we stayed in London for only three days, gently. And listening to it while you're waiting in Heathrow is especially satisfying. 

And of course let's not forget:
"Your attention please. This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham... Raise your ambitions."

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 10, 2016 11:29 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 10, 2016 12:51 pm  #1176

Yes, Solar, this experience was great.

And Douglas is brilliant!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 10, 2016 4:50 pm  #1177

YELLOW CAR!

It was OtteryStMary this morning. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2016 4:52 pm  #1178

Ottery St Mary is my favourite episode ever. 

"So heaven is full of otters!"

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2016 10:04 pm  #1179

If you have ever been to Nottingham you would realise the perception in that comment- mind you, Leicester is no better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 11, 2016 9:38 am  #1180

tonnaree wrote:

YELLOW CAR!

It was OtteryStMary this morning. 

After that I only realised how few private yellow cars are on German streets.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera