BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2012 7:19 am  #1

Hi there!

Hi everyone!

I'm Tania and from Sydney, Australia. I am a tad late onto the Sherlock bandwagon but am so happy that I discovered a gem like Sherlock... and Benedict for that matter. I recently bought both series and watched all episodes in one weekend. I'm kind of bummed that we have to wait so long for series 3, the wait is going to kill me.

So a big hello from Sydney and I look forward to chatting with you guys. Feel free to message me if you want to chat about everything and anything.

August 19, 2012 7:22 am  #2

Re: Hi there!

Hello Tania and welcome to the forum. Better late than never...as they say. Hope you have loads of fun here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 19, 2012 7:58 am  #3

Hi Tania.
OMG, you think YOU have a big wait? How do you think I feel having jumped on the first wagon that came by? lol

Let me tell ya, it gets easier... wll no it doesn't just said that to make you feel good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 8:28 am  #4

Hello Tania and welcome here!
Yes, it's a horrible long time to wait. But then you can watch your DVD's over and over again, watch other movies with Ben, listen to Cabin Pressure (over and over of course  lol), read the canon by Arthur Conan Doyle, and, and, and.......
And then of course talk and play with us!   
Have fun!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 19, 2012 8:37 am  #5

Hello, Tania, nice to have you with us! At least here you'll find lots of distractions for the long wait. And Mattlocked's right, if you don't now "Cabin Pressure", you should give it a try. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 19, 2012 2:38 pm  #6

Hi, tania! Pleasure to meet you! Welcome to the site! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 19, 2012 4:21 pm  #7

Hi, Tania!
The wait is rather awful, isn't it? I know it's kinda bad, but I like to watch TRF and stop it just before the end. I just can't handle watching the last bit...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 19, 2012 11:10 pm  #8

Welcome to the forum, Tania!
Oh, better late than never, right?

August 20, 2012 1:18 am  #9

Hi Tania, and welcome to the forum!

Lots of fun and interesting stuff here to keep us entertained during the hiatus. And if you're like me (and a few others), you probably watch your Sherlock DVD's 24/7 (or nearly so). I'm also trying to read through all the canon and collect some of the other movies that Ben and Martin are in. 

Last edited by ImaSherlockGirl (August 20, 2012 4:55 pm)

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 20, 2012 12:15 pm  #10

It's never to late to join the bandwagon. Welcome on board. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 22, 2012 4:50 pm  #11

Hello tania, welcome !

August 25, 2012 8:41 am  #12

I'm kind of bummed that we have to wait so long for series 3, the wait is going to kill me.

Just imagine what it was like for the original 'STRANDom' that had to wait from 1893 (FINA) to 1903 (EMPT) to find out if Holmes was alive and how he survived the (actual) Reichenbach Falls - remember that HOUN, though published before EMPT, was supposed to occur before the Great Hiatus/death of Holmes.

With that said, welcome to the board! I'm rather new to this board myself though my Sherlockian-ness pre-dates the BBC Sherlock. If you're looking for something to fill those lonely evenings while waiting for Season 3 (aka Rat-Wedding-Bow) to begin, I strongly suggest 1) bulking up on the canon (you'll get so much more out of the BBC eps having read the entire canon + there's a few interesting Australian canonical points of reference), 2) watching other Holmes adaptations (suggest: Jeremy Brett/Granada, BBC 1960s with Douglas Wilmer and Peter Cushing) and 3) try out a few well-regarded Sherlock Holmes pastiches.

Hope to see you around the forum.

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

August 27, 2012 12:41 pm  #13

Welcome to the forum and I hope hanging out with us will help get you through the Great Hiatus...

As above...there's so much Sherlock Holmes related stuff out there, it really is a whole world to explore and have fun in. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 2, 2012 8:55 pm  #14

Welcome, Tania. This forum is one way to get through the wait. Misery loves company. But it's a sweet sort of misery, isn't it?

Board footera