BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2015 1:49 pm  #21

Re: X-files

I also heard something about trouble between Gillian and David in the past but don't know anything in particular. Perhaps there were some differences when David left the show for several episodes which meant a crack in the show for many fans.

And wow... that pic is ... nice...

Last edited by gently69 (September 2, 2015 1:50 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 2, 2015 2:00 pm  #22

They look hot together, don't they...?
And yes, might have had something to do with that, although I seem to remember reading about this almost from the very beginning. But so many things wouldn't make any sense if it were true. Or maybe they've just grown older and wiser...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 2, 2015 2:12 pm  #23

Found that. If it is true.
"Anderson went on to study theatre at DePaul University in Chicago, moved to New York to act when she was 22 and by the time she was 24 she was in The X-Files. She didn’t know what had hit her – the success, the fame, the unforgiving schedule. There are so many stories about rows between Anderson and her co-star David Duchovny – fights over money and equal billing – that it’s hard to know whether she actually enjoyed her time on the show. Even today, she seems unsure. “It’s pretty heavy duty. We were doing 24 episodes a year – eight-day episodes, 16-hour days, five and a half days a week, nine months a year. For nine years that’s a long time. So, after a while you go ‘Aaaaaaagh! What’s happening, what have I done?’”"

Source:
http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/feb/08/gillian-anderson-on-therapy-rebellion-and-being-weird

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

September 2, 2015 2:19 pm  #24

Okay, that could mean... all sorts of things. But I suppose that even if they had rows from time to time and/or didn't get along as well as their chemistry on screen suggests, they seem to have made their peace. They look gorgeous together, they tease each other on Twitter...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 2, 2015 2:27 pm  #25

I mean, look at them:

September 2, 2015 2:28 pm  #26

Well, it's a bit like with Benedict and Martin, just a bit because I don't think that they have or had any rows. But they aren't the closest friends and nevertheless their chemistry on screen is amazing.

Shit, you infected me but... I don't have the time at the moment to watch it.

(Tony Hadley)

September 2, 2015 2:32 pm  #27

I'm pretty good at infecting you with... things...
And yes, that's a good comparison. I just read somewhere today a quote from Gillian where she said something along the lines of "Chris Carter did something brilliant when he cast us for the show, because whatever we did in front of the camera, it just worked".

September 4, 2015 5:34 pm  #28

I'm joining you here as a (past) huge X-files fan when I was at school! I can remember that I discussed every episode with some school mates after it had been aired on German TV (was it PRO 7?). Mulder and Scully made me read my first fanfiction ever and I really liked the idea of a relationship between them.
Has anyone of you watched the two movies? I think in the second one they WERE a couple somehow, weren't they? Gosh, it's toooooo long ago ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

September 5, 2015 9:40 am  #29

kornmuhme wrote:

Has anyone of you watched the two movies? I think in the second one they WERE a couple somehow, weren't they? Gosh, it's toooooo long ago ...

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I'm not really sure I've ever seen the second movie. I've seen "Fight the Future", but I'm not sure they really were a 'real' couple then. As far as I remember, they sort of never were what I would call a 'real, normal couple', just because the circumstances they were in didn't allow it. But they were in love, definitely.
I can't wait to see what their relationship will be/feel like in those six new episodes...

September 27, 2015 1:21 pm  #30

For my friends across the pond:

Sky1 Closes In On Deal For UK Rights To ‘The X-Files’ Revival
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/09/exclusive-sky1-closes-in-on-deal-for-uk-rights-to-the-x-files-revival/

Last edited by tonnaree (September 27, 2015 1:21 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2016 3:22 am  #31

Is anyone watching the new miniseries?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 31, 2016 8:09 am  #32

This is a show I missed out on...I really need to catch up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 3, 2016 10:15 pm  #33

The first episode of the new series starts here in the UK on Channel 5 on Monday at 9 p.m. (There is another showing at 10pm and on Tuesday at 11pm). Come the 15th February I'll be watching The Walking Dead then, so will have to get it on the Catchup. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 3, 2016 10:25 pm  #34

I have been binging on the old episodes on one of the streaming sites I share with my best friend...

I used to stay up late and watch these on school nights when I was 12... They showed them past midnight. I'm surprised how many episodes I remember!

I'm in the middle of series 7 and as soon as I'm through I'll start watching the new episodes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 8, 2016 8:15 pm  #35

I absolutely loved the original X-files. It ran in Norway when I was a teenager, and the theme song still is as creepy and haunting as it ever was. I never watched past SPOILER when Mulder left SPOILER END.

Last week hubby and I watched the two first episodes of the new series. I was SO sceptical, because in my mind, those kind of revivals just doesn't work. And I am of course not going to spoil anything, but my reaction went a bit like this:

First episode:
No, that's not how it works. No, that is wrong. Omg, those simple solutions, this is disappointing! Well... ok, that was interesting. And, ok, I didn't excpect that...

Second episode:
OMG, sold! *contemplateswatchingtheentireoriginalseriesagain*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 16, 2016 11:25 pm  #36

New series Yay! David Duchovny does wear well.... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 16, 2016 11:29 pm  #37

I've watched the first three new episodes and I'm quite enjoying them. That third one was a doozy! At first I thought it was ridiculous, but then I remembered they always had the occasional comic episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 17, 2016 9:26 am  #38

Yeah, wasn't quite sure what to think of the third epiosde. Fourth one was... well, not gonna say anything that might spoil anything, but yeah... hope they won't make too many like that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 17, 2016 11:34 am  #39

The third episode was glorious!  

I liked this weeks a lot too.   It made some very touching points about our lives today.
Also, the site of Mulder tripping out filled my heart with joy.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 1, 2016 4:35 pm  #40

I liked the fourth episode...the overriding theme was stron in this one.

Board footera