BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2012 12:31 pm  #341

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I thought this might help us come to terms with our obsession

Words to live by.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 17, 2012 12:45 pm  #342

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 17, 2012 12:56 pm  #343

Thanks hepzibah. Now we can print it out and stick it to the car, fridge, bed, mirror.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 17, 2012 3:50 pm  #344

hepzibah wrote:

I thought this might help us come to terms with our obsession

Words to live by.

I guess the hell. Truer words were never stuck on a poster.

August 17, 2012 9:19 pm  #345

Not exactly a good-night picture from me (11.20  pm - I'll be watching S1/E3 in 10 minutes on German TV), but there's something ghostlike about pilot Sherlock here, matching my time of day:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 18, 2012 1:15 am  #346

tobeornot221b wrote:

Not exactly a good-night picture from me (11.20  pm - I'll be watching S1/E3 in 10 minutes on German TV), but there's something ghostlike about pilot Sherlock here, matching my time of day:

Mmm, lovely. The lighting people (I just typed lightning people by mistake there... lolol.... well, that fits, too) really know their stuff on that show. Mmmm, lookit that neck....and the cheekbones of cutting. yum

August 18, 2012 2:16 pm  #347

I just had a tiny epiphany. Hope I can express it properly. The curls (soft) are a perfect counterbalance for Sherlock's character (sharp, angular). If his hair was straight or short, there would be no soft edges to Sherlock and that would make him too hard to like (well, not for us, but for mere mortals). Yes? No? Maybe? I wonder if it was a deliberate choice on the part of Moftiss or have I stumbled across their collective unconscious? And should they use me as a script consultant, to work (very) closely with the cast. I really think they should. Babbling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 18, 2012 2:28 pm  #348

hepzibah wrote:

I just had a tiny epiphany. Hope I can express it properly. The curls (soft) are a perfect counterbalance for Sherlock's character (sharp, angular). If his hair was straight or short, there would be no soft edges to Sherlock and that would make him too hard to like (well, not for us, but for mere mortals). Yes? No? Maybe? I wonder if it was a deliberate choice on the part of Moftiss or have I stumbled across their collective unconscious? And should they use me as a script consultant, to work (very) closely with the cast. I really think they should. Babbling.

I doubt that the show-runners get involved in hairstyles much-- maybe they have final approval of stuff (and I know Ben has quite a lot of input as well, about what he wears, etc, as does Martin), but the show hires well-paid professional hairstylists to figure out hair color and cut and how it's combed out, etc. *well* paid, and therefore listened-to, I'm sure.  I agree that the soft curls are a nice counterpoint to the angular face-- just the kind of decision a talented hair stylist would make.

I think both Sherlock's hair and his manner of dressing make him more likeable. As well as the fact that he's smooth-shaven at all times. There's nothing scruffy or unkempt about him-- he even looks as though he'd smell good, lol.

August 18, 2012 2:56 pm  #349

Good ideas, both of you. And I would absolutely recommend Hep as consultant-for-everything, maybe she'd invite me to the set one day.  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 18, 2012 3:22 pm  #350

Susi, I'm sure I would need an assistant. 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 18, 2012 3:24 pm  #351

You say assistant and there I am. 

August 18, 2012 3:28 pm  #352

SusiGo wrote:

Good ideas, both of you. And I would absolutely recommend Hep as consultant-for-everything, maybe she'd invite me to the set one day.  .

And I would volunteer to be Ben's official smell tester. I could stick my nose into his neck area and take a whiff, just to make sure that anything that looks so damned good would also smell really nice. K? K? Can I have that job? Pretty please? Poor man, he probably wouldn't live through it-- I'd end up mauling him like a type A fan, the kind that says "stop me before I kill again". lololololol

August 18, 2012 3:31 pm  #353

ancientsgate, I fear that's getting a bit out of hand, isn't it? Do you need a cool drink or an ice pack or something like that? 

August 18, 2012 3:39 pm  #354

Anci, I'll put in a good word for you! This is what he wears, apparently

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 3:39 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 18, 2012 3:42 pm  #355

SusiGo wrote:

ancientsgate, I fear that's getting a bit out of hand, isn't it? Do you need a cool drink or an ice pack or something like that? 

Just fantasizing. Can't a girl have her fantasies? Unusual, wanting to smell him, I suppose, but... well, I strive to be unique. I don't want a cure or a treatment for this, thanks anyway. I'm enjoying my disability.  heh

August 18, 2012 3:43 pm  #356

hepzibah wrote:

Anci, I'll put in a good word for you! This is what he wears, apparently

Pour Homme. For Men. Yes. I wish I had a smell-a-vision on my computer. I'm not familiar with that scent. Mmm.

August 18, 2012 3:49 pm  #357

Of course you can fantasize, who doesn't  . He looks as if he's smelling good, with or without Attimo. Nevertheless I'll get myself a sample next time I get to the beauty shop.

Last edited by SusiGo (August 18, 2012 3:50 pm)

August 18, 2012 3:57 pm  #358

Just wondering who might read all this... Except US I mean...     LOL

Hepzibah, put that on Twitter and wait for the run on the perfumeries on monday.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 18, 2012 4:00 pm  #359

Mattlocked wrote:

Hepzibah, put that on Twitter and wait for the run on the perfumeries on monday.

I prefer not to think about that. It might destroy my reputation as a sober, sensible, serious … what was I getting at  ?

August 18, 2012 4:12 pm  #360

Mattlocked wrote:

Britta, it's already all over Tumblr, which is where I got the info  . Have to admit, I love a man that smells good. Most men seem to smell like whatever basic toiletries they use, nice to come across one who make the extra effort. My first love used a really nice aftershave, can't remember what it was called (well, it was thirty years ago  ) but whenever I catch a whiff of it, it takes me right back to him. Ah, my misspent youth.

I don't care who reads all this guff, as long as they can't track us down and lock us up. 

Last edited by hepzibah (August 18, 2012 4:14 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

Board footera