BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2015 1:31 pm  #361

Re: What are you doing?

...which reminds you of Martin in Children in Need this year?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 28, 2015 1:41 pm  #362

Actually no...but Martin has been on a lot of Xmas TV this year!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2016 9:08 am  #363

Playing Sherlock Cluedo with my 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son (Just got it today)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2016 10:09 am  #364

Oh! It was Inspector Lestrade, with the lead pipe, in the swimming pool!
Brilliant!
(And Lego Molly helped with the investigation)

Last edited by ukaunz (January 13, 2016 11:00 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2016 12:21 pm  #365

WOW. That looks like a lot of fun!! 

I am working on my first actual Johnlock fan fic... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2016 5:06 pm  #366

I have the Sherlock Cluedo and love it, but nobody will play it with me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2016 5:50 pm  #367

WHAT?!? GREG! A murderer? I would never have guessed!

Joking aside, that does indeed look like fun. I got original Clue(do) for Christmas many years ago and it became a favourite. Did have a dispute over the rules with my friends once, though, and ended up letting them get their way even though I'm still unsure about who was correct.

Clueing for looks.

January 13, 2016 9:35 pm  #368

Turns out we were playing it wrong when I actually got around to reading the rules. Oh well, we'll try harder next time

Sorry you have no one to play Cluedo with BB. Wouldn't it be cool if you could play it online somehow? I bet a lot of us here would join you!

How's your fanfic going, Phantom?

Last edited by ukaunz (January 13, 2016 9:36 pm)

January 13, 2016 9:50 pm  #369

I know I would love to join you in an online game of this! 

And my fanfic is going okay, thank you ukaunz! Considering it's my first time writing a male slash thing... I'm much more used to writing lesbian, straight or trans relations... but it seems to float naturally. 

I got sidetracked though... the boyfriend and I were picking out colours for a baby's room. Not ours though. Lol. But his brother is expecting a baby in some months and my BF has been asked if he can help babysit the little one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 14, 2016 2:04 am  #370

Kudos for being able to write any kind of story, I wish I could finish my one and only attempt!

So, it turns out Greg is a bit of a serial killer, this time it was with the dagger in The Lab (Barts)

I'm trying to work out if it's possible to play a game of Cluedo online using a physical board/cards etc... via pm somehow... Hmmm...

Nah, it would be too difficult logistically, and time zone differences would mean the game could go on for days! Oh well.

Last edited by ukaunz (January 14, 2016 2:17 am)

January 14, 2016 3:52 am  #371

That sounds like a fun idea, though yeah, it could be slow. We should see if there is some sort of online multiplayer version.

Clueing for looks.

January 14, 2016 8:21 am  #372

Well there's people who have played chess via snail mail for centuries... lol. But a multiplayer thing online could be fun! Count me in! 

And thank you for the kudos, ukaunz! But really it isn't all stories that gets finished... I have been writing and telling stories since I was a little girl and I've got hundreds of unfinished ones. 
It's taken me more than a year to work on my Irene Adler fic... but I think deep down that's because I don't want to finish it. When this story is over I finally have to let my favourite original character go. I've used her in 3 stories now... in the second one I wrote she died... and this Adler one is taking place before the first one... There is a slim chance I could write about her between the first and the second story though... 

It's silly how you can grow attached to a fictional character... but she's so good to write, especially this time. 

I just love writing though. I started when I was little by telling myself bedtime stories because mum didn't bother with that... and I always had a need to escape the real world, and I could do that by telling myself stories in my head. 

I wish you good luck in working with your story, never give it up I'd say. It's okay if you let a story rest for a while and come back to it with fresh eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 28, 2016 8:12 am  #373

I currently enter the fourth week of a flu-ish infection. It changes the location week over week between head and bronchial tubes. And though I live very very tame since we had carnival it's stubborn and refuses to let go.
But that gave me the perfect opportunity to reread the "Thermodynamics"-series, which fits nicely to the still very cold weather.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 28, 2016 8:34 am  #374

You put me to shame.
I'm just getting over  a wee cold!
I kept working though and was able to help my school celebrate our outstanding inspection. We are the best primary in the county.
I love thermodynamics. Well, the little I know of it.
My pal and I once attended an evolutionary biology course.
But the lecturer just decided one day(off the cuff) to give us all a basic lesson in thermodynamics, it was mesmerising.

February 28, 2016 8:49 am  #375

Why does it put you to shame to have a cold as well?
Concerning the thermodynamics, I was talking about a fan fiction, which is most probably not your cup of tea. 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 28, 2016 8:53 am  #376

Ah...bells ringing.
Sorry I meant it sounds like you've been really suffering, whereas I've just had a sniffle.
Get well soon, anyhow.

February 29, 2016 3:16 pm  #377

Thanks, bb, you get well soon, too.

February 29, 2016 4:48 pm  #378

Get well soon both of you!

I am just headed to the kitchen to reheat some food my mother sent me home with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 5, 2016 1:27 pm  #379

Off to a friend of mine for a Sherlock evening. We're going to watch Granada "The Final Problem" and TAB, while drinking G&T. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 5, 2016 2:50 pm  #380

What a lovely evening! Happy Sherlock Day!

I'll watch a few episodes tonight with some good food and just kick back I think. Best cure for a rainy day! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera