BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2016 8:39 pm  #21

Re: What will he do next?

It would be a very current theme...hacking et al. Cyber crime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2016 8:47 pm  #22

Oh . I feel so out of sync with you guys ! I think Sherlock worked out Mycroft and John were plotting together and that Mycroft will get Sherlock that pardon and that John will have to maybe fake a little Moriarty crime in the meantime.
I got the impression the whole plane thing was to teach Sherlock a lesson . I think the real cliffy is Mary.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 7, 2016 8:49 pm  #23

Teach poor Sherlock a lesson?
Oh I think that would take away from his noble sacrifice...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2016 8:59 pm  #24

Well fatcroft said in the scene when he asked about the obliquity of the whatsit if he understood it , but what fatcroft really was talking about was shooting people in a jealous brain rage. Something like Magnussen beat Sherlock with the mind palace filing system safe , and also maybe a reference to Mary shooting Sherlock . I think Mycroft says to Sherlock on the phone in Vow " I hope you learn your lesson now " So in the Special he realises about letting people help him and trusting John. Etc.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 7, 2016 9:03 pm  #25

Oh I always assumed the learning a lesson line was just a joke.
Mycroft was visibly broken at the sight of Sherlock committing murder, knowing the implications.
Sherlock was only lucky that Mycroft managed to wangle him out of prison and get him on that plane...
No I think Mycroft was trying to save Sherlock, but I wouldn't put it past him to set up the TV thing.

Last edited by besleybean (January 7, 2016 9:18 pm)

January 7, 2016 9:16 pm  #26

Well Sherlock has saved a lot of people and they owe him . Irene , Mycroft twice and John and Marys marriage ( well he tried with that ) so they owe him and as he says , it's their turn. I think the dark chickens coming home to roost will be for Mary because of her past.
Probably Sherlock will have to do some pay-back for the government too.Which is always nasty.
I love Moriarty but three seasons of him being the bad guy is enough.
They can mp him again anytime Sherlocks gets a bit wooo now anyway.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 7, 2016 9:18 pm)

January 7, 2016 9:19 pm  #27

Haha. Glad I'm not the only one to use the term 'woo'! 

January 14, 2016 5:58 pm  #28

I hope this is the right place for this. Someone found very interesting parallels between TAB and a Granada Holmes episode:

http://inevitably-johnlocked.tumblr.com/post/137292221630/moriartys-sibling-is-behind-his-reappearance

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2016 7:10 pm  #29

Nice theory. 

January 14, 2016 8:19 pm  #30

mrshouse wrote:

Somehow in this last statement I see "Moriarty" not as a living breathing person anymore, but "Moriarty" is more like either his remaining organization, his left hand taking over, the evil in itself, something like that. "The king is dead, long live the king".

"What d’you mean, more than a man? An organisation?" (ASiP)

January 15, 2016 4:05 pm  #31

Working on the premise that Moriarty is "An Organisation" like the Abominable Brides group. What the Bride group were apparently doing is springing up here there and everywhere committing murder baffling Scotland Yard and not all of those murders might have been the work of the Bride, anyone could commit murder and blame it on The Bride.

1. Possibly terrorism. Moriarty's plan to create mischief after he's gone. Leaving a legacy behind. Group A commits atrocity and blames Group B. Group A get away with it while everyone hunts out Group B.
2. Plot to throw Scotland Yard into chaos looking for a person called Moriarty responsible for crimes when it is anyone who invokes the ghostly spectre to conceal the real culprit. Criminals like the Waters gang get away with it while Police baffled.
Hacking might be too obvious literally an insertion of virus in the data, grit on the lens, fly in the ..putting a spanner in the works, threat of bringing down government too obvious?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

January 22, 2016 10:02 am  #32

I like these theories. I'm definately in the Moriarty is more than just 'Jim' camp. Yes, we think we get the resolution with Sherlock trotting round dismatling his network but I've never really bought into that completely.

I don't think Sherlock did either because well... the entirety of TAB... we know he hates doubt, not trusting his senses... he said it himself in THOB.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 21, 2016 10:32 pm  #33

The bride faked her death then murdered again

What if they find out Mary was working for moriaty, he did fake his death then he kills Mary and or baby ...

February 22, 2016 6:44 am  #34

I can't quite see it.
Though in the recent interview, the team did say that it was a logical assumption for Sherlock to think Mary was Mycroft, not that he was right.
Even if she is working for Mycroft now, doesn't mean she didn't previously work for Moriarty.
All will soon be revealed.

February 26, 2016 3:13 am  #35

So at the end of TAB Sherlock says "Moriarty is dead, no question. But more importantly... I know exactly what he's going to do next."

I think Sherlock simply means that he knows there will be another message, a further threat or demand. "Did you miss me?" gets everyone's attention but doesn't tell them anything except that somehow Moriarty is "back". For the story to move on, for Sherlock to have another case to solve, there must be more clues. So, sending another message is "what he's going to do next."

Last edited by ukaunz (February 26, 2016 3:15 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 26, 2016 6:53 am  #36

Yes or he's set up a computer virus or some new network or something.
I am still wondering how we'll manage without Moriarty...any other criminal is just a lesser version of the master, after all.
Also, I've just finished reading The Final Problem.
I forgot that Moriarty's brother James, leaves letters decrying Sherlock.

February 26, 2016 6:59 am  #37

besleybean wrote:

Yes or he's set up a computer virus or some new network or something.

But there's no way Sherlock would be able to deduce that from the information data so far. He says he "knows" what is going to happen next. The only thing he could really know is that there will be more messages from whoever broadcast the first one.

I am still wondering how we'll manage without Moriarty...any other criminal is just a lesser version of the master, after all.
Also, I've just finished reading The Final Problem.
I forgot that Moriarty's brother James, leaves letters decrying Sherlock.

That's quite possible. There's also Sebastian Moran, if they haven't already ruined that possibility by having Lord Moran appear in TEH. But my current headcanon is that the message is from "Fred Porlock" (see the thread I started about The Valley of Fear).

Edit: Moriarty's brother is also mentioned in The Valley of Fear.

Last edited by ukaunz (February 26, 2016 7:07 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 26, 2016 7:12 am  #38

Yes and I shall be re-reading that shortly.
Which I'm now looking forward to, after comments on here!

Board footera