BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2016 7:44 am  #101

Re: The dynamic between Sherlock, John & Mary - an attempt at explanation

I just assumed it was because I'm getting hard of hearing
A subliminal thing maybe? Haven't they done something similar in another episode? Now I'm trying to think...

Last edited by ukaunz (February 19, 2016 7:44 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 19, 2016 2:28 pm  #102

Hm, that is a difficult one. That reminds me not of another episode of Sherlock but of the movie " Fight club".

Edward Norton turns out to have multiple personalities, one of them being portrayed by Brad Pitt. Before the latter is even introduced for the first time, there are ultra short sequences of him to be seen around Edward. But you really need to pause to catch and recognize him.

But I don't know what to make of this...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 20, 2016 7:23 pm  #103

I just posted over on the "post mortem" thread.  Stephen Moffat said that there was a theme that we'd missed, and the first thing that sprung to mind was this conversation over here!  I still find it hard to believe it's the case, and I'd hate it if they turned it into some sort of love triangle, but the idea (of Sherlock falling for Mary) did seem to fit (and also fits with your post, Ukaunz).   I'm not completely serious about this, but it was funny how it popped into my mind (probably because I'd been reading this thread recently!). 

Board footera