BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2016 12:26 pm  #1

Metro Quiz: How well do you know Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock?

Yet another Sherlock quiz.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/13/quiz-how-well-do-you-know-benedict-cumberbatchs-sherlock-5614051/

I got 13/14. I can't believe I did not even know about no. 2!!! How did I miss this bit of trivia???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 15, 2016 12:40 pm  #2

Re: Metro Quiz: How well do you know Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock?

13/14

No. 2 is a cheat!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 15, 2016 1:02 pm  #3

When I read question number 2

it took me a few moments to deduce that it was the voiceover in the Planetarium, but I couldn't quite remember what that voice sounded like. I took a stab in the dark at Tom Baker because he did the narration for Little Britain, so it just seemed like something he'd do. He was uncredited then? So how do people know about this, and why wasn't I told?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 15, 2016 1:22 pm  #4

13/14 here as well. I was wrong about the newspaper. 

(I got no 2 on guesstimate).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 15, 2016 1:45 pm  #5

14/14 I guessed No. 2 I never read or heard that before?!

Couldn't be David Tennant, I would know about that and I'm a "Little Britain" fan so I'm used to Tom Bakers voice. And I actually didn't know what voice they mean, so I googled it, it's the Planetarium voice, ....well good to know.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 15, 2016 2:11 pm  #6

Same here...who could let us know?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 15, 2016 3:35 pm  #7

Question 2 I had to guess...and guessed wrong.  Also guessed the newspaper wrong...although I had narrowed it down to two possibilities...and I picked the wrong one.

12/14 for me.

Clueing for looks.

February 15, 2016 3:41 pm  #8

14/14...this is why you need to listen to the commentaries!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2016 3:55 pm  #9

I got the newspaper wrong too (I couldn't remember and guessed). 

February 15, 2016 4:03 pm  #10

14/14. I was lucky with guessing No.2.
That was mentioned in the commentaries?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 15, 2016 4:33 pm  #11

Actually thinking about it, I don't know where it was mentioned...I've just always known and assumed everyone else did, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 3, 2016 7:13 pm  #12

13/14. I failed at second question

Board footera