BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2016 7:36 pm  #5861

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Let's not worry about that either, though.

Please?

I'm sure she will still be alive and kicking when that wedding happens :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 13, 2016 7:45 pm  #5862

tonnaree wrote:

But you know Sherlock was totally in love with Irene.

http://yorkiepug.tumblr.com/post/138693192370/how-do-you-interpret-sherlocks-feelings-for

Yes. Utterly and completely in love.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 13, 2016 8:02 pm  #5863

Hmhm. Relationshipgoal.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 13, 2016 8:15 pm  #5864

My heart...

February 13, 2016 8:50 pm  #5865

February 14, 2016 10:47 am  #5866

It's 2016 and hopefully Moftiss won't have kept true to the RL timeline with S4 so it's still taking place in 2014/2015 so maybe, just maybe our boys are out there going for a walk to all their crime scene locations (date nights) and then having dinner at Angelos tonight.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 14, 2016 11:30 am  #5867

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUQWjx8aGnCmXgfAlqiuMg/videos

Johnlock Explained explains TJLC for Beginners. There are 2 episodes so far, more to come, and it's great 

#1 Establishing Context

#2 The Creators Lie ... A Lot

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 14, 2016 9:06 pm  #5868

These videos are very convincing, I admit I'm very tempted to become a believer again. Looking forward to seeing more from Rebekah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 14, 2016 9:31 pm  #5869

And she's cute, isn't she? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 14, 2016 10:25 pm  #5870

Thank you for posting this, Harriet!
I'm really glad I've listened to these, and await the next episode quite a bit. I mean, she's going to tackle the gayest episode ever.
It will be glorious.

February 14, 2016 10:32 pm  #5871

I agree, Lily. A wonderful in-depth-refresher     I think I will post each new episode here, then   

February 14, 2016 11:09 pm  #5872

Yes, an excellent idea.
I've subscribed to it, as well. Could be useful. I'm definitely going to show these to the English spealing friend whom I cannot make see the light. I figure if I can't, certainly someone else can.

February 15, 2016 3:46 am  #5873

Wow, that was quick. The new video for the pilot episode is already up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 15, 2016 4:51 am  #5874

Just listened to it. Will need to watch the Pilot again. Because of reasons. Scientific reasons.

February 15, 2016 4:07 pm  #5875

Oh, faster than expected! 

Last edited by Harriet (February 15, 2016 4:08 pm)

February 15, 2016 7:42 pm  #5876

What I had missed in Pilot from TJLC context so far, and got in this episode:

The first thing Sherlock is wrong about is that Harry is actually not straight. (I see here also a parallel to the overlooked women in TAB)
The Colour Pink
The scene with the Cabbie ("I can get anything I want from you now, anything") and Sherlock on his knees with his bum up 
"You're looking for a man with a history in military service and nerves of steel" (Oh Yes, Sherlock, you ARE looking for such man indeed, and now I start believing in your military kink!   )

and I loved her Parallel Universe Story at the end! 

February 15, 2016 11:07 pm  #5877

The video's are fun , thanks for the links. 
Her enthusiasm and certainty is contagious.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

February 17, 2016 2:15 am  #5878

This is a bit OT, but just something I thought people here might be interested in.

I just watched an episode of Doctor Who called "The Lodger", it was a bit like an episode of "Coupling" even though Moffat didn't write it. There was a romantic sitcom-type subplot. Two of the characters, Craig and Sophie, are close platonic friends. However both want to take it further, but both are too scared to come out and say it. Craig wanders around practising saying "I love you" but keeps missing the opportunity. Sophie is shown to be pining for him. Obviously neither wants to ruin the friendship they have (it's the old "just friends" trope).

There's even a "I'm not his date" scene:

CRAIG: No, Soph just stands on the sidelines, she's my mascot.
SOPHIE: I'm your mascot? Mascot?!
CRAIG: Well, not my mascot, it's a football match, I can't take a date.
SOPHIE: I didn't say I was your date.
CRAIG: Neither did I. (They stand in awkward silence.)

So it's all desperately unspoken, and then we see Craig's fridge with a photo of the two of them, and look what else is on the fridge.

There's an elephant in the room!

By the end of the episode Craig and Sophie have admitted their feelings and are together. We see them joyfully "spoiling their friendship" (snogging on the sofa). We also see another shot of the fridge with the photo – but this time, we don't see the elephant.

Interesting?

Last edited by ukaunz (February 17, 2016 2:19 am)

February 17, 2016 6:16 am  #5879

Wow, that is a nice find, ukaunz. Thank you for sharing. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 17, 2016 8:05 am  #5880

Thank you, ukaunz, I remember the episode, it was wonderful. And look at the telling fridge - wow! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera