BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2016 8:08 pm  #201

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

I'm happy with January.  New Sherlock makes a happy new year!

Plus, 12 months is nothing to Sherlock fans.  We can do 12 months standing on our heads naked!

And don't forget we have April Setlock to look forward to!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 20, 2016 8:18 pm  #202

I'm in London April, but I doubt I'll get to see any Setlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2016 8:05 am  #203

Actually a year doesn't seem so bad now... not after the special!

*bounces*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 21, 2016 12:16 pm  #204

A year is nothing compared to what we went through.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 21, 2016 8:21 pm  #205

A year is fine by me. Any at all would be great and I watch plenty of other shows in the interim to be going on with. And Netflix. And I'm gonna get the DVD's for my birthday as I love watching behind the scenes stuff...

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 27, 2016 9:40 pm  #206

I'm so eager for January 2017 ! :D

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 28, 2016 6:31 am  #207

Join the club!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 28, 2016 9:52 pm  #208

Just saw this on Tumblr -possible location for series 4?
http://jenna221b.tumblr.com/post/138231212700/bug-catcher-in-viridian-forest

googled the location -of course- zoomed in and saw what was right next to it. The Royal College of Emergency Medicine. 14 minutes from Saint Barts.

Last edited by Lilythiell (January 28, 2016 9:57 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 8:14 am  #209

Just a little worried question: They said shooting was to begin in April, right? Now I am reading that Martin is going to play in 10-episode show (Start-up) which just started filming and that he will be in a film called "Offical Secrets" which may be start shooting in May. Now I wonder when he will find the time for doing Sherlock? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2016 8:29 am  #210

Maybe he'll be in S4 for only 20 minutes. After all, there is another Watson now with whom Sherlock can go on his adventures... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 29, 2016 8:30 am  #211

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2016 8:34 am  #212

I know. But wouldn't that be dark and devastating?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 29, 2016 8:39 am  #213

*shivers* No, no, nooo

Maybe we don't have the right shooting schedule? Is that a possibility? Maybe they want to avert too much chaos at Setlock... just a thought 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 29, 2016 8:46 am  #214

But then it would be later still, wouldn't it? No new episodes in January 2017.

January 29, 2016 8:47 am  #215

Maybe they'll not shoot all three episodes at once. That's not what they did with S3 either, right? They came back and shot a couple of things in late August, if I remember correctly.

January 29, 2016 8:49 am  #216

Susi, they could shoot two episodes and then do the last episode later. In the meantime they can start prost-production on the first two.
I have to confess, if I don't get three new episodes next January, I'm out. Because that joke isn't funny anymore. 

January 29, 2016 8:51 am  #217

Yes, that is true. They shot HLV in August, after a break. So let's keep our fingers crossed. Because I am selfish enough to prefer series 4 to both of the other projects. 

January 29, 2016 8:58 am  #218

The interesting thing is that apparently they will start shooting series 10 of DW in May. So I have no idea how that will work out. Moffat can't take care of two productions at the same time...

January 29, 2016 9:13 am  #219

Oh dear!  I wonder if, as the writer, he has to be physically present all the time for Sherlock?  I know he normally is on set, but I don't know if it's absolutely essential and whether he could be consulted at distance while working on Doctor Who?  Luckily they are both BBC series, and I believe both do a lot of filming in the Cardiff area, so maybe there's some flexibility?  Even so, I'm sure it would be gruelling. 

January 29, 2016 9:32 am  #220

I suppose that under normal circumstances the writer doesn't have to be on set all the time. And I could be wrong, but... I think Moffat is what I would call a control freak, so I guess he's not a 'normal writer'... 

Board footera