BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2016 4:09 pm  #1

Ominous Chanting

Greetings, all of you

I'm a bit "desperate" and hope you could help me trying to figure it out something about this episode "The Abominable Bride" as I think you've noticed because of the topic name:

What are the women in that de-sanctified church singing?  Any guess? Anything at all?

I can get some short words in Latin, but I can't find at all what are they singing ):  if anyone could help me it would be of the biggest help! :D

January 26, 2016 4:13 pm  #2

Re: Ominous Chanting

I can only support that 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2016 1:22 pm  #3

I've been surprised not to yet find anyone quoting the chant and/or translating it. 

But then, when I think of the "Scarlet Roll M" in Mycroft's notebook at the end, I strongly suspect that if/when anybody does provide a translation, it'll be something hilarious and totally fourth-wall breaking.

At least, I hope so ...!

January 27, 2016 3:57 pm  #4

It would be interesting to know but it is very hard to hear . I think part of it is ( da us novis nostrum..) give us our new , and then somethingnsomethingnsomething and repeat. But maybe sponsae- for bride.
Can ramp up the sound when I get the disc but iPlayer only at the moment which is horrid for sound.
Hope someone can do it .

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 27, 2016 4:31 pm  #5

You're my hero, moth, that's the spirit! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera