BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2012 10:20 pm  #1

Stranger than fiction

I have taken this at face value, but how weird if true

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2012 7:30 am  #2

Re: Stranger than fiction

Followed by 'The Violin'! The wooden leg could be 'The Strange Story of Jonathan Small'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 10:52 am  #3

"Rangi and his Dinosaurs"... a nod to the memes of AndersonxDinosaur? LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2012 11:06 am  #4

Wow, if that's true I feel a bit sorry for the man... can you imagine going through life with that name? A bit cruel of the parents as well...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 30, 2012 11:19 am  #5

They must have really hated him!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 30, 2012 11:21 am  #6

Oh...there's a LOT of them about!

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Moriarty_

www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/James/Moriarty

www.jamesmoriarty123.com/index.html

Poor things! I doubt their parents were avid readers of the Sherlock Holmes stories somehow.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 3:18 pm  #7

When you think about it, there must be a lot of people who have the same name as someone famous. How many Watson parents have called their sons John simply because it was a family name or just a name they like. Unless you have an unusual surname, it is probably inevitable that someone, somewhere has the same name as you. Michael J Fox had to add the J because there was already an actor called Michael Fox.

see the names of anyone you know?

I posted this Facebook list because I haven't posted any pics for a few days and I was having withdrawals!

Last edited by hepzibah (July 30, 2012 3:20 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 30, 2012 6:51 pm  #8

JaneCo wrote:

Really? The "story-teller"? Yikes.

August 15, 2012 5:30 pm  #9

veecee wrote:

JaneCo wrote:

Really? The "story-teller"? Yikes.

Oh my God, this made me laugh so much! It's just perfect!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 15, 2012 5:46 pm  #10

Now does that mean he's still alive? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera