BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2015 2:58 pm  #1

Sherlock Holmes 2013 Russian adaptation.

If maybe like me you are having some Holmes withdrawal and you haven't yet seen the Russian 2013 version , the complete series of all eight episodes with English subtitles is well worth a watch.I would say it is excellent.

It isn't a modernised version but I think it does a brilliant job of capturing the Holmes adventures and characters and genre.
The eight 90 ish minute episodes start with episode .1 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street 221b.

Everything you need to know about this series , trailers and etc!..can easily be found on utube with a quick -sherlock holmes russian with english subtitles- search.

Be warned you may easily be seduced into a ten hour plus binge watch.

January 21, 2016 10:43 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes 2013 Russian adaptation.

I just saw on tumblr that someone has upload high def versions of the series, which you can find on YouTube. First episode (with links to the rest) is at
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLTdpJpQ5RUKYxYXEw_zMGUu4PVWyFQ6Ym&v=T8BGrwhskGo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 21, 2016 11:51 am  #3

Re: Sherlock Holmes 2013 Russian adaptation.

Wow, thank you for the link! I´m very curious about this new version.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera