BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2016 12:56 am  #1

On Sherlock and mirrors/reflections

There is something I've noticed weird about how they film Sherlock sometimes and how often they opt to show you his reflection briefly. I've noticed it so far in Series 1 in both ASiP and TGG. Once was in the glass of the taxi and another three times when he was in a taxi, but I suspect we're quite often treated to mirror views of him... now it could just be that these kind of shots are atmospheric and "sexy" and make the show seem more action packed by being choppy. I'm going to have a think about more instances of Sherlock and mirrors or his reflection... and come back to this later but if anyone has any more feel free to post them.

I'm not positing this relating to any theory or another at present... sure I have a few but don't we all?

If you find any please include a timestamp for the episode so I know where to look.

We need more data.

Yours in Sherlock

Little Weed

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 20, 2016 1:38 am  #2

Re: On Sherlock and mirrors/reflections

I'm sure I've read other posts about reflections and weird camera effects used in the show before, but the only one I can find is http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=219710, but this one is to do with Irene. There's also the scene in HLV when Mycroft mentions the Other One, and he is reflected in the window. Sorry, I haven't got time to check the time stamps at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera