BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2016 6:47 pm  #1921

Re: Free Rants

Today has been the strangest day.. I haven´t felt this miserable in months. It started fairly well with signing a new employment contract, which offers a great chance after my 5 years as a SAHM.. actually something for the good news thread. But I already didn´t feel too well during the meeting, probably due to recovering from a pretty bad infection and still being on antibiotics. Then things went downwards.. I fell with my bicycle on the icy street, hurt my wrist (not too bad luckily), lost my bag with all my money and phone (because I did´t notice it fell out, how thick can you be?), I nearly got run over by a car while trying to pull the broken bike trailer with the kids inside on the pavement, I pulled so hard slightly panicking that every muscle in my upper body hurts now.. when preparing supper I pulled out a knife so clumsily that the whole knife block came down and I tried to catch it with bare hands - again I was lucky and only slightly cut myself. I have a pounding headache because of the three hours Judo-tournament with around 50 kids I attended, my wrist and hand and arms hurt and I just feel like getting really drunk and then just fall into bed..  

Last edited by Zatoichi (January 15, 2016 6:51 pm)

January 15, 2016 6:54 pm  #1922

Poor you.
Take Care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2016 7:09 pm  #1923

(((((((Zatoichi))))))))
And congrats for the new contract. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 15, 2016 7:14 pm  #1924

Thanks, bb and mrshouse.. *hugs*

January 15, 2016 7:33 pm  #1925

Blah, Zatoichi, that sounds like a day from hell! You deserve a nice hot bath and a good cup of tea at least! 
Here in Denmark we call a day like that a 'Tycho Brahe Day'. I think you qualify for that!

I didn't have the best of days either... my toothache had gone down, I was still sore... and my I had to end my webcam date with my boyfriend last night earlier (well I convinced him to go to bed because he has the flu and he was yawning his head off... rather than saying I was hurting)... but this morning I woke up in even worse pain than before I saw my dentist; I think I've been biting hard together again; I do that sometimes when I have nightmares.
I grabbed my phone and called the dentist wondering if there was anything I could do to ease it myself. I got an early appointment... which meant I had to rush getting dressed and run to get on the train... 

I forgot I hadn't showered, and I don't think the whiskey I swigged my mouth with went away completely before I went there despite mouthwash and brushing my teeth. Poor dentist! 

I obviously didn't have breakfast either... and no coffee... 

But, the dentist helped, for some reason I now have what feels like a small acid burn inside my mouth but that's okay compared to how I woke up. I have also been given antibiotics that hopefully should kill the infection which is what is giving me pain. 

And to add to my 'misery' my back hurts like hell today. Last night I got a bit of 'cleaning madness' and spent ages cleaning the bathroom and dusting off stuff; practically doing everything I could without waking up my neighbours at midnight. And today I had to finish the job... my best friend is coming tomorrow and I want my home to be clean... 

I just worry how I'll wake up tomorrow. I really look forward to seeing my friend, and I've worked hard; harder than my sick back likes... 
So yeah... 

I am knackered now. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 15, 2016 7:33 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2016 8:47 pm  #1926

sorry to make a double post

I was going through my random playlist (trying to find a good song for writing my Johnlock fic)... I found a song there that shouldn't be there. It was hiding among 3000+ songs. 

It's Britney Spears' song 'Everytime' back from 2003... There is nothing wrong with the song in itself... but I would listen to it on repeat for months after something really bad happened to me. And I was doing stupid things to myself and my own health... It just struck a chord I think... 

for some reason I keep listening to it right now rather than just skipping it. Bleh. I'm completely frozen. 

I'm just happy this song didn't start playing in public or something. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2016 9:14 pm  #1927

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Blah, Zatoichi, that sounds like a day from hell! You deserve a nice hot bath and a good cup of tea at least! 
Here in Denmark we call a day like that a 'Tycho Brahe Day'. I think you qualify for that!

Sounds like you both might.  
Channeling positive energy to both of you.

Clueing for looks.

January 15, 2016 9:58 pm  #1928

Joining Yitzock in channeling and sending you positive energy, it does sound like you need it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 15, 2016 10:05 pm  #1929

Ugh....healing vibes and a big hug for Phantom, too.
((((()))))
You two take better care of yourself!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 15, 2016 11:04 pm  #1930

What mrshouse said. Hopefully the weekend will give the two of you (and everyone else who might need it) some time to relax and heal, Zatoichi and Phantom.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2016 3:47 am  #1931

Aww, that sucks, and sorry to hear…     Hope you get some time this weekend to rest it off (and sending good vibes!)

(also, um Phantom?  infection one thing, but did he suggest a mouth guard to help with clenching teeth?)

Last edited by Russell (January 16, 2016 4:10 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 16, 2016 7:51 am  #1932

Thank you guys. I just woke up and my mouth feels okay! Phew!

And no, he didn't, Russel. I mentioned it to him and he just said it was a normal stress reaction and didn't go into it further... but it might be because he knows I'm broke and couldn't afford it. He did everything as cheaply as possible already. 
... and I've been lucky this time, I just got a message that the state has agreed to pay my entire bill. As long as it's absolutely necessary treatments. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2016 8:29 am  #1933

I wear my mouth guard nightly.
Don't know about in Denmark, but I think they're about £30 a shot over here.
Mine's lasting ok at the moment, but then I've only been wearing it all the time for about a month or so.
Does anybody know if you can put them in the dishwasher?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2016 9:09 am  #1934

I can try asking... but with my economy even £30 is a stretch. But maybe I can ask my family for one for my Birthday... having nightmares is bad enough without waking up like that... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2016 9:19 am  #1935

I realise that Phantom...but if £30 saves you hundreds of pounds of work!
Of course it may depend on what you can help with!

January 16, 2016 2:56 pm  #1936

besleybean wrote:

Does anybody know if you can put them in the dishwasher?!

Yours might be different than my clear plastic retainer, but when I got it they said to rinse it with cold water, so my guess is that if it's anything like mine, the answer to your question would be "no."
I'd assume that if the dishwasher was hot, it could melt and deform it, but I don't know for sure.  I personally wouldn't try.
Although I know last time I went in for a check, the orthodontist put it through their special cleaner because even if you do rinse it every day it still gets buildup on it.  You could ask the dentist/professional you got it from about that, I suppose.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2016 3:36 pm  #1937

Thanks...no it sounds as though mine is exactly like yours.
Oh well, tap swill will continue then!

January 16, 2016 5:12 pm  #1938

I also use an extra toothbrush to scrub it a bit when I rinse it. I don't know if it makes a huge difference, but I think it helps a bit. I don't know if that's any help to you.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2016 5:13 pm  #1939

Never thought of that...good tip!

January 19, 2016 11:29 am  #1940

My bad luck continued over the weekend.. I dropped a frying pan on my foot, burned my finger on the waffle iron and poured a glass of water over the laptop - which chose to quit the function of the m,n, enter and back keys after that. Resentful thing.. I have an external keyboard now and decided to delay possibly fatal household chores like window cleaning and drilling holes until my losing streak is over..

Board footera