BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2016 11:15 pm  #1

What do you think is the phone number of the girl

What do you think is the phone number of the girl?
(I'd like to know because in series 1 they hid a 1895 in a phone number and I'm specifically hunting down some numbers, but I am biased)

SHERLOCK: Wrote her phone number down on the napkin. I can tell from the angle she wrote at that she was sat across from you on the other side of the aisle. Later – after she got off, I imagine – you used the napkin to mop up your spilled coffee, accidentally smudging the numbers. You’ve been over the last four digits yourself with another pen, so you wanted to keep the number. 
(transcript from ariane de vere)I am not sure if the “angle” matters in understanding which numbers they are.
NOTE: the digits before don’t matter because fictional numbers in the UK have to start with 07700 900.

Last edited by Ho Yay (January 11, 2016 11:17 pm)

January 12, 2016 5:18 am  #2

Re: What do you think is the phone number of the girl

To me, it looks like 159. Where did you find the 1895 in S1?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2016 10:11 am  #3

I didn't find it, I saw it on tumblr. It's on John's curriculum in series 1. 077000 900581
The 9 had to be at the start because all fictional numbers start with 07700900, then they put all the other digits in reversed order.

January 12, 2016 5:02 pm  #4

Some people notice everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2016 6:24 pm  #5

Looks like it could be 154, but I can't be at all sure. 

January 15, 2016 9:39 pm  #6

I'm not sure about the knowing "angle she wrote from" deduction. Is there something in the way it is written that is visible to us to make that deduction or are we just supposed to believe that sherlock sees something?

Board footera