BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2014 5:10 pm  #1

Signatures: PLEASE READ ***

Hi there

Some of our members' signatures are getting a little bit too big...

Please try not to have several images underneath one another. So, for example, it would be OK to have:

IMAGE - IMAGE - IMAGE
(all in a row, horizontally)

but not:

It just takes up too much space.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 28, 2014 4:40 pm  #2

Re: Signatures: PLEASE READ ***

I hate to complain, but the moving images tend to suck my eyeballs out, so I have to scroll up or down until the images don't show.  Then my brain can focus on the text of the posts.

I realize that's not the problem your request pertained to, but I just thought I'd whine about it a little and see if somebody would take pity on a poor easily distracted guy! 

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

January 28, 2014 5:39 pm  #3

I'm with you Bruce, but some people love animated gifs, so I doubt it's in anyone's best interest to suppress animated images in signatures. There's a fairly easy way to avoid seeing them, you can change your profile settings to not show images in signatures. However, that also means you won't see static signature images either. I just wanted to point it out as an option to you.

January 30, 2014 5:18 pm  #4

Many thanks for the good advice.  Naturally I would not suggest that animated images be prohibited.  Your advice about adjusting my profile is just what the doctor ordered.   I'll do that right now.  Shame on me for not exploring my options in the profile section and deducing the solution myself!

Last edited by Bruce Cook (January 30, 2014 5:20 pm)

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

January 30, 2014 10:35 pm  #5

If your browser uses Adblock or such software, you can also select certain images you don't wish to see while others will remain visible.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 8, 2016 4:49 pm  #6

Thanks for the info . No problems here just attempting to attach a sig. Xxx of my own .
Although I would appreciate if anyone knows why whenever I click reply I get the quick post box and how I move from that box to a box where I can edit .

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 8, 2016 5:05 pm  #7

My reply box is headed quick box as well but I get all the usual editing options. I am no tech freak but could you post a screenshot? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2016 5:09 pm  #8

Its ok thankyou Susie , along with playing with signature and colours , I discovered I had the mobile view instead of the desktop view .
Thanks for replying and sorry to have bothered you . 

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 8, 2016 5:12 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 8, 2016 9:00 am  #9

there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera