BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2016 5:28 am  #3721

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Welcome to the party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 8, 2016 7:59 am  #3722

Yes, welcome to my favourite obsession, Doctor! 

I have one to add too... When you go out in the real world after a while of indulging in Sherlock and you find yourself making so many observations and deductions about the tiniest things... useless things however. I deducted a white scooter with a grey flower pattern I passed must have belonged to the owner of the herbal clinic it was parked in front, as there was a distinctive use of grey in there; the final proof being the sofa which had been covered by a blanket with grey flowers. 

Utterly useless. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2016 9:14 am  #3723

I got excited when I saw a huge Sherlock TAB billboard hanging over the motorway on the way home from the airport today. Also when I saw a van with "crime scene cleaning service" printed on the side 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 8, 2016 9:20 am  #3724

Yup, welcome, doctor!
@Phantom, this wasn't completely useless. Imagine the scooter had been stolen or something, you could have called their owner to tell them were it was ;)

@ukaunz just imagining the words "crime scene cleaning service" written on a van is enough to make me smirk.

I also have something to add : when you find yourself saying things out loud which are "a bit not good". Like deducing people to their face.
Good thing she knew me and didn't get upset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 8, 2016 12:57 pm  #3725

When the Forum is number 1 on your internet explorer history at work.    *hangs head in shame*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2016 1:41 pm  #3726

But there's nothing to be ashamed of, dear!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 8, 2016 2:30 pm  #3727

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2016 4:01 pm  #3728

Yes, wear that fact with pride!

Also... when your mum calls you to tell you that her good friend is getting a dog, an Irish Setter... and you physically have to stop yourself from going "OMG, just like Sherlock's Redbeard!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2016 4:28 pm  #3729

Phantom, I would have gone further and insisted they called it Redbeard!
Incidentally, I put my hand up to the Redbeard reveal being one of favourite parts of HLV!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2016 8:16 pm  #3730

I was about to! But I am really trying not to talk too much about the shows... I think my mother worries. lol. 

Also... you know you're obsessed when you hear the start of the trailer for STAB, and you abandon your cooking to rush in front of the TV... almost tripping over the carpet... and your food almost burns because after the trailer they also show their jokey trailer for Award Season, which includes the clip from last year with Ben and the hipflask... 

I love that channel... they show those trailers between every program! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2016 11:28 pm  #3731

Ha, having an Irish setter...one of my desires for at least 10 years, now. I just need to move out and have my own place, and that desire will be fulfilled.

Aside from that, well. Here's a (small) example of why I need to move out

I might be a tad obsessed.
Nothing wrong with that, is there?

January 8, 2016 11:30 pm  #3732

Your bookcase is cool!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 8, 2016 11:33 pm  #3733

hehe, thank you

A friend of mine said that it was a shrine. I beg to differ. There are no candles. I know it's more romantic *giggles*, but...
I need more room, I have oh so many other...Sherlock-related objects...and I certainly don't plan on stopping. Ever.

Last edited by Lilythiell (January 8, 2016 11:35 pm)

January 9, 2016 12:32 am  #3734

What a beautiful, beautiful collection!! I wish I could afford stuff like that! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 9, 2016 8:14 am  #3735

I have some of that stuff...
You know I'm ashamed to say I can't remember what happened to the paintings of Sherlock and John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2016 10:03 pm  #3736

When you sit an exam, and the text you're translating deals with digging up a grave. The Devil's grave.
And the people doing that wore "long black coats", with officials' approval.
And while the gravediggers were working, the two main characters "shared a long look".

Huh.

January 11, 2016 9:48 am  #3737

... your finger automatically start to type 'BBC Sherlock' when you open youtube, although you actually wanted to look at something else

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 16, 2016 9:04 pm  #3738

When you have your best friend, and fellow Sherlockian (thanks to you) at your place and you have to watch HLV together... and you end up reciting the whole thing... 
I couldn't even make my lips stop. 

I took her to see TAB... and to my horror realized she hadn't seen the end of HLV; I only remembered when we sat down in the cinema and I knew I had to put it right! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 16, 2016 9:05 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2016 9:07 pm  #3739

We had one of our regular staff meetings, yesterday.
Our boss opened with: has anyone any issues?
My colleague responded: Yes, I have a list.
It took all my strength, not to add: and I have a file!

January 16, 2016 9:28 pm  #3740

Lol!

I have pretty much spoken in Sherlock quotes all day today! How I enjoy being with fellow geeks, it makes it so much easier to communicate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera