BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2015 7:34 pm  #541

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Now the reveals are up I specifically would like to thank SherlockHolmes for writing such an excellent fic.

Thank you!

December 29, 2015 7:36 pm  #542

Thanks as well to Schmiezi for organising the fest and posting all the fics so early each day.

And thanks also to Nakahara for the excellent Santa jokes. Where you found the time to make these and write such an excellent fic besides is simply beyond me.

Thanks to all the other writers as well for participating and writing such excellent fics. All in all it was a lovely fest.

December 29, 2015 7:41 pm  #543

Indeed it was!
I join my thanks to yours, dioscurantwins. Schmiezi did an amazing job at organising everything and, like you said, posting the fics so early every day shows some dedication!
Nakahara, it really must be said that the jokes were all excellent -and added to the cheer of the event. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 29, 2015 8:22 pm  #544

Thank you Schmiezi for organising this again. It was a wonderful experience. Thanks to all the writers, betas and everyone who helped out. Also, many thanks to the people who commented on my story, I really loved reading those. 

Ah, the reveal, what a surprise. The only one I got right was The Body Snatchers. And Nakahara, I didn't know you could write so well! Now I'm also really wondering to whom Stoertebeker had attributed The Advent Calendar. 

December 29, 2015 9:40 pm  #545

I also would like to thank Schmiezi for her enormous patience, perseverance and dedication in organising this year´s Secret Santa. It was a great fun and I´ll appreciate it greatly. Thanks goes also to SusiGo and Solar System for writing two additional stories, that was a big surprise and a very nice supplement to the rest of the fictions written for this year´s event. Both stories very beautiful and epic, the first one was also very cute and amusing.

The stories submitted this year were all excellent and I want to send an additional kudos to all the writers who spent so much of their free time and effort to give us all so much reading pleasure. You made December a very exciting month full of Sherlock goodness for me. It was very pleasant and stunning to witness such talent, charm, wit, humour and drama inserted into your stories and to discover new genres and writing styles through your wonderful tales. Too bad that some of you were too busy to be involved in the event fully and to leave comments, but I hope that after the holidays are over, you will leave some of them on AO3. (Or not, if you don´t feel like it, of course. This should be fun not a burden over your head. But I believe you perceived this event with enjoynment and not with a sense of dread indeed.)

Big hugs and kisses to the participants who were patient enough to bear with my superlong "Mechanical Turk" and who had written such a lovely comments about it. This was my first "proper" fic written in English and so I am glad you enjoyed it. I´m also happy you enjoyed the jokes (and also want to apologise to Schmiezi for torturing her with their lenght too - sorry).

Of course, I am a bit sad to be a participant who got a big fat nothing instead of a fic this Christmas. But that couldn´t be helped and it´s trivial in comparison to other things that went awry for me this year. (I still hope I´ll be lucky at least on "Russian Christmas" anyway.) Still, the Secret Santa Event was fantastic and made many of my day´s this December. Thank you for that again, Schmiezi and have a happy, relaxing New Year. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 29, 2015 10:40 pm  #546

silverblaze wrote:

Now I'm also really wondering to whom Stoertebeker had attributed The Advent Calendar. 

To Schmiezi 😉

Ah yes, it was once again some wonderful weeks (and a few stressful ones before) and I still have three stories left to read.
Many thanks again to Schmiezi for organizing this event again, I suppose it is a lot of effort especially with a job and a toddler to take care of as well. So if you need any assistance next time, feel free to ask here.

I would like to thank everybody who gave so nice comments and positive feedback to my story, that means a lot to me.

And of course now directly many many thanks at Dorothy83 for my wonderful story. I was in Lego store yesterday and saw a construction kit for a dragon, I instantly had to think of the story 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 30, 2015 1:47 am  #547

Well, now that the authors have bee revealed, I would like to thank silverblaze for the brilliant story! I don't know you as well as some other members of the forum, and I certainly had no idea you were such a good writer.

And now, I would like to apologize to nakahara for traumatizing you with my story, though I must admit that your review, in the form of the letter, made me laugh because of its sarcasm and humour (though perhaps unintentional).

Will upload my story to AO3 when I get the chance.

Clueing for looks.

December 30, 2015 1:57 am  #548

Schmiezi, you're AWESOME!!! All writers, more awesomeness!!! Nakahara, I'm working on a fic right now, and I'm dedicating it to you as a belated Xmas gift.

December 30, 2015 7:17 am  #549

Thank you all for your nice words. Organizing the Exchange was huge fun and I am absolutely willing to do it again next year.

Great idea, Raven. Nakahara should be showered with fics and stuff by all of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 30, 2015 7:25 am  #550

Schmiezi wrote:

Thank you all for your nice words. Organizing the Exchange was huge fun and I am absolutely willing to do it again next year.

Great idea, Raven. Nakahara should be showered with fics and stuff by all of us.

I just (like, over Christmas) got a new laptop-- so I won't have to write the next fic on a Kindle Fire! :-) Plus, I got a printer/scanner-- so, planning to get back into illustration. Ready to shower away! 

December 30, 2015 9:11 am  #551

Yitzock wrote:

And now, I would like to apologize to nakahara for traumatizing you with my story, though I must admit that your review, in the form of the letter, made me laugh because of its sarcasm and humour (though perhaps unintentional).

Will upload my story to AO3 when I get the chance.

No need to apologise, Yitzock, I was not really traumatized, I liked your story very much (althrough I did feel sorry for a poor Victor indeed). And the letter was meant to be a benign joke, of course. Glad that it made you laugh. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2015 9:14 am  #552

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Schmiezi, you're AWESOME!!! All writers, more awesomeness!!! Nakahara, I'm working on a fic right now, and I'm dedicating it to you as a belated Xmas gift.

You are so very kind, Raven. I am humbled and delighted, of course. 

I just hope writing doesn´t rob you of a good time during the New Year´s festivities. Still, I´m looking forward to the fic - I´m sure I´ll love it. 

December 30, 2015 9:15 am  #553

Schmiezi wrote:

Thank you for your kind words, Schmiezi. 

December 30, 2015 9:16 am  #554

I want to ask something: how do I add my fic to AO3. I never did it before, I don´t want to make a mess of things when I try to do it now. Is there something I should be aware of?

December 30, 2015 9:28 am  #555

They have great tutorials and FAQs, I just saw them the other day 
If you are not a member, you will need an invitation by a member before you can start.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2015 9:34 am  #556

Harriet wrote:

They have great tutorials and FAQs, I just saw them the other day
If you are not a member, you will need an invitation by a member before you can start.

Thank you, I´ll check the FAQs, then. Thanks to Schmiezi´s kindness, I received an invitation some time ago. 

December 30, 2015 9:35 am  #557

http://archiveofourown.org/faq?language_id=en

(I think it's too complex to copy the whole thing here.)

Last edited by Harriet (December 30, 2015 9:36 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2015 12:06 pm  #558

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Now I'm also really wondering to whom Stoertebeker had attributed The Advent Calendar. 

To Schmiezi 😉

Ah yes, it was once again some wonderful weeks (and a few stressful ones before) and I still have three stories left to read.
Many thanks again to Schmiezi for organizing this event again, I suppose it is a lot of effort especially with a job and a toddler to take care of as well. So if you need any assistance next time, feel free to ask here.

I would like to thank everybody who gave so nice comments and positive feedback to my story, that means a lot to me.

And of course now directly many many thanks at Dorothy83 for my wonderful story. I was in Lego store yesterday and saw a construction kit for a dragon, I instantly had to think of the story

You are so sweet. It was my pleasure. Thanks for the inspiring prompts!!

December 30, 2015 12:10 pm  #559

And I also would like to thank my secret santa Yitzock I loved your story so much. Just what I needed!

December 30, 2015 2:14 pm  #560

You are so very welcome! Glad to know I fulfilled your request.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera