BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2015 3:38 pm  #121

Re: Reading challenge: Unexpected Tags - ADULT CONTENT

Can I hear just confess here: a couple of years ago I began a fanfic dealing with the speculation on who Benedict's mystery woman was.
As I was only too aware that what I was doing was wrong, I wrote a waiver at the beginning, keep it hidden and as soon as the truth was out- abandoned it.
Do forum members think I should destroy it altogether?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 28, 2015 3:54 pm  #122

I don't want to judge other people's stories. I personally wouldn't have published it, but don't see why you should destory it alttogether.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2015 3:57 pm  #123

Me?
I haven't published anything and never would something regarding real people...for obvious reasons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 28, 2015 4:00 pm  #124

Then I don't see any reason at all why you should destroy it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2015 4:02 pm  #125

Cheers!

January 1, 2016 2:06 am  #126

Yeah I definitely agree that shipping real people does cross a line, and unfortunately I have crossed it by reading and enjoying those couple of fics. The story that I was writing is completely gen, it has no shipping at all. Also it's really more like an original character based on what I know of BC's public persona (I doubt I am even close to capturing his true personality) and I'm not implying anything about him with the story. I can't imagine anyone would be offended by it. Who knows if I'll ever even finish the thing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2016 2:14 am  #127

Let me just make it clear that I do not judge you for reading those kind of fics or for the authors for having written them. It's just a a line I personally won't cross, it's none of my business what line other people have (I know for a fact that I read fics that would cross the line for others).

Last edited by Vhanja (January 1, 2016 2:14 am)

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2016 8:29 am  #128

Now you have me intrigued!

January 24, 2016 9:45 pm  #129

I've managed to finally finish my little fic, a mere five and a half months after starting to write it. I'm just waiting to get it beta'd and then I'll post it on AO3, if you're interested in reading it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 22, 2016 10:15 am  #130

Here's another tag I never thought I'd be interested in: wing!fic

As always I'm still not interested in the tag, but I like the story On Feathers and Bacon Sandwiches by Kryptaria (http://archiveofourown.org/works/509003/chapters/896384)

It's pretty quirky, somewhere between SF/Fantasy and esoteric, and rather funny (depending on one's sense of humour). The sequels are much shorter and even fluffier...

Last edited by Kittyhawk (August 22, 2016 10:16 am)

October 15, 2017 10:29 am  #131

I'm reviving this thread because I'm looking for good Potterlock recs. I personally can't stand crossovers, no matter how much I love all the universes that are crossed. However, I do love HP and I do love Sherlock, and I know from experience from this thread that if a fic is really well written, I can be pleasently surprised and end up enjoying something I never thought I would.

So I'm ready to broaden my horizon. Anyone have a good Potterlock to recommend? I'm looking for something well written, finished, with great understanding of both universes and of some length - preferabbly Johnlock. 

Anyone have any recs for me? 

Team Hudders!

October 15, 2017 1:16 pm  #132

I don't think there's one I've read, that I can remember, as it's not something I really look for generally speaking. If I do I will let you know. I kind of like the image you put in your post, though. Though I'm not 100% sure why Mycroft is blond, lol.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera