BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2015 5:46 pm  #1

Sonnet 57 theory and 1058

Since I'm working on an alternative theory for the 57 that differs from the sonnet theory (though I don't think they are necessarily mutually exclusive) and which involves the number 1058 (It's about navigational stars, a bunch of stuff fits, but might be a coincidence), I wanted to understand some things about the sonnet theory and the number 1058.

The sonnet 57 theory, for what I know, says that since 57 was used in doctor who for bisexual innuendo in the episode The Shakespeare Code and might so be referred to sonnet 57, which is referred to a man.
In Sherlock, John says 57, which is subtext for bisexuality and jealousy, which are both present in sonnet 57.
Since the sonnet 57 solution in Sherlock is somewhat tied to 57 being used in Doctor Who as subtext for bisexuality I tried to understand why exactly the Doctor said 57 in doctor who.
I read on wikipedia that sonnet 1-126 are to a man, so they would all be about bisexuality, why was the 57 relevant as subtext for bisexuality in Doctor Who?

MARTHA: Whoa, Nelly! I know for a fact you’ve got a wife in the country.
SHAKESPEARE: But Martha, this is Town. 
THE DOCTOR: Come on. We can all have a good flirt later. 
SHAKESPEARE: Is that a promise, Doctor? 
THE DOCTOR: Oh, 57 academics just punched the air. Now move!

Also, are there any theories about the 1058?

Last edited by Ho Yay (December 24, 2015 5:50 pm)

Board footera