BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2015 8:34 am  #181

Re: What is the Special about? (Spoilers)

Perfection, indeed!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 10, 2015 8:43 am  #182

They are just beautiful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2015 8:47 am  #183

I have no doubts I'll enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2015 9:48 am  #184

Article in the new issue (issue 2) of Crime Scene Magazine

page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2015 9:49 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2015 10:11 am  #185

Thank you for posting that! It was a great read! 

But... but... Billy?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 22, 2015 10:33 am  #186

Warning - this link contains spoilers. I know this is a spoiler thread but it gives indeed some things away and you can deduce something about the structure of the episode from it. I think it is amazing and just what some of us hoped for. 

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/sherlock-abominable-bride-2015

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2015 10:40 am  #187

Spoiler, spoiler! (From Susi's link).

"sight of a man kicking another man off a high ledge and into a waterfall" 

Don't tell me this story will end with Holmes' original "death", that will be too painful!

Last edited by Vhanja (December 22, 2015 10:41 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2015 10:44 am  #188

I think so. And the shot in the shoulder could be John in Afghanistan. They will give us the whole story from the beginning, set up in a Victorian mind palace, maybe with Moriarty's faked death as well (a man shooting himself "apparently" in the head). And the long talk about drugs might refer to a deleted scene from TPLoSh where Holmes and Watson discuss his drug addiction and Watson threatens to move out if Holmes does not give up the cocaine.

Btw, if everyone is fine with discussing this openly, please say so. Then we do not need the spoilers tags. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 22, 2015 10:45 am)

December 22, 2015 11:26 am  #189

Wow....
That seems to be a lot of stuff wrapped up in one.
Exciting

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 22, 2015 11:36 am  #190

oh wow, sounds cool. I'm still not that excited about the special, but it's interesting to see how this will work out.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 22, 2015 11:38 am  #191

Ivy wrote:

oh wow, sounds cool. I'm still not that excited about the special, but it's interesting to see how this will work out.

Because it postpones S4?

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 22, 2015 11:39 am  #192

I do not think it does. As far as I know, there never was a decision of making series 4 OR the special. The special was an extra since they was not enough time for making series 4 in 2015. 

December 22, 2015 11:42 am  #193

Yes, that might be true.
Does anybody know where I can find those edgy brackets for the spoiler tag on my keyboard???

December 22, 2015 11:44 am  #194

On my keyboard it is option + 5 for the starting bracket and option + 6 for the end bracket. If you have a different keyboard, just google it. 

December 22, 2015 11:47 am  #195

No, that doesn't work.
Will join later again.

December 22, 2015 12:04 pm  #196

mrshouse wrote:

Because it postpones S4?

Mainly because I don't need a Victorian special, the reason why I like this show so much is that's not in that era like every other SH production is. But of course I understand that this is exciting for Mofftiss.
Maybe it did postpone it a bit, at least the preparation time for the special delayed the prep. time for S4 but on the whole I don't think so. Filming S4 will take about three month and I there wasn't time for that in 2015.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 22, 2015 12:10 pm  #197

Ivy wrote:

Mainly because I don't need a Victorian special, the reason why I like this show so much is that's not in that era like every other SH production is. But of course I understand that this is exciting for Mofftiss.

Wow, my thoughts exactly. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 22, 2015 12:23 pm  #198

I find it very exciting to use the Victorian episode as a Mind Palace to explain or solve things from the present time. I hope that it will really happen. The chances are not too bad. 

December 22, 2015 12:44 pm  #199

I'm definitely open to be positively surprised. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 22, 2015 1:02 pm  #200

I didn't think I could be more excited.   *bouncy bouncy*     

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera